Stoke Newington police station front counter now closed
- Credit: Archant
The front counter at Stoke Newington police station has closed for about eight weeks for refurbishment..
During this time there will be no front counter provision at Stoke Newington.
Shoreditch and Tottenham stations will be open 24 hours a day during this period.
Ch Insp Andy Walker, of Hackney police, said: “These works are long overdue and will provide a much more pleasant environment for visitors.
“Whilst the front counter is closed, please remember that if you need to speak to an officer, then call us and we will come at a time and location that’s convenient for you. You can contact us for non-emergency matters by calling 101 or using our website.”
You may also want to watch:
The public area of the station has not been updated since the building opened in 1993 and staff consider it to be unwelcoming for visitors.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse