Stoke Newington police station front counter now closed
- Credit: Archant
The front counter at Stoke Newington police station has closed for about eight weeks for refurbishment..
During this time there will be no front counter provision at Stoke Newington.
Shoreditch and Tottenham stations will be open 24 hours a day during this period.
Ch Insp Andy Walker, of Hackney police, said: “These works are long overdue and will provide a much more pleasant environment for visitors.
“Whilst the front counter is closed, please remember that if you need to speak to an officer, then call us and we will come at a time and location that’s convenient for you. You can contact us for non-emergency matters by calling 101 or using our website.”
You may also want to watch:
The public area of the station has not been updated since the building opened in 1993 and staff consider it to be unwelcoming for visitors.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 6 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 7 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 10 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness