Stoke Newington police station front counter now closed
- Credit: Archant
The front counter at Stoke Newington police station has closed for about eight weeks for refurbishment..
During this time there will be no front counter provision at Stoke Newington.
Shoreditch and Tottenham stations will be open 24 hours a day during this period.
Ch Insp Andy Walker, of Hackney police, said: “These works are long overdue and will provide a much more pleasant environment for visitors.
“Whilst the front counter is closed, please remember that if you need to speak to an officer, then call us and we will come at a time and location that’s convenient for you. You can contact us for non-emergency matters by calling 101 or using our website.”
You may also want to watch:
The public area of the station has not been updated since the building opened in 1993 and staff consider it to be unwelcoming for visitors.
- 1 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 2 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 3 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 4 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 5 Hackney Travellers campaign to move back to Olympic site
- 6 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
- 7 Cargo bike sharing comes to Stoke Newington, London Fields and Shoreditch
- 8 Mural competition launched for Homerton green corridor
- 9 No queues or check outs at Dalston's new Amazon Fresh store
- 10 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months