Stoke Newington police station front counter now closed
- Credit: Archant
The front counter at Stoke Newington police station has closed for about eight weeks for refurbishment..
During this time there will be no front counter provision at Stoke Newington.
Shoreditch and Tottenham stations will be open 24 hours a day during this period.
Ch Insp Andy Walker, of Hackney police, said: “These works are long overdue and will provide a much more pleasant environment for visitors.
“Whilst the front counter is closed, please remember that if you need to speak to an officer, then call us and we will come at a time and location that’s convenient for you. You can contact us for non-emergency matters by calling 101 or using our website.”
You may also want to watch:
The public area of the station has not been updated since the building opened in 1993 and staff consider it to be unwelcoming for visitors.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets