Stoke Newington school hosts fun ‘Mini Olympics’ day to celebrate playground
- Credit: Archant
a Hackney primary school celebrated having fun and keeping fit at an action-packed event last week.
Children, carers and teachers at William Patten Primary School, in Stoke Newington Church Street, swapped school books for sports kit on Tuesday and Wednesday last week (November 4 and 5) for the school’s third Mini Olympics.
The day was held to mark the anniversary of William Patten’s playground opening which coincided with the London 2012 Olympics.
The family teams completed an obstacle course set around the playground to maximise full use of the space.
A special assembly followed Wednesday’s event, where each child from reception to year 6 was awarded a trophy and medal in recognition of their participation.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant Headteacher, Craig Porteous, said: “We feel very fortunate that the school is so well supported by parents and carers who are so willing to engage, participate and help with events such as these. It is also wonderful at the school’s Mini Olympics, to see so many parents and carers being involved in physical activities with their children.
“This was a huge success with many family teams taking part in the morning, with every child having been able to participate in the course over the two days that the event ran for.”
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director