Stoke Newington setting for spoof video starring Sheridan Smith
Stoke Newington’s Church Street, Clissold Park and cafes star alongside camp comedy cameos in a new spoof music video.
‘Portrait of a Princess’ brings together Sheridan Smith, who won an Olivier Award for her role in Legally Blond, West End comedienne Julie Atherton and BBC’s Being Human star Russell Tovey among others in the adult adventures of a rather wayward princess.
The video, filmed in Hackney hotspots including the old St Mary’s Church and Ridley Road market, accompanies a song by award-winning composer Michael Bruce.
It was unveiled as part of a live concert celebrating the launch of Bruce’s album on Sunday (March 20) at the prestigious Delfont Room in central London.
Neil Eckersley, executive producer for Speckulation Entertainment, who produced the video, said: “We wanted our princess’ journey to take place within a modern, recognisable setting. We scouted locations throughout London, and we decided to go with the area because of its visual variety and vibrancy, which gives a fantastically colourful setting to match the film’s utterly fantastic fabulosity.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information go to www.portraitofaprincess.com.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 7 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 9 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'