Stoke Newington setting for spoof video starring Sheridan Smith
Stoke Newington’s Church Street, Clissold Park and cafes star alongside camp comedy cameos in a new spoof music video.
‘Portrait of a Princess’ brings together Sheridan Smith, who won an Olivier Award for her role in Legally Blond, West End comedienne Julie Atherton and BBC’s Being Human star Russell Tovey among others in the adult adventures of a rather wayward princess.
The video, filmed in Hackney hotspots including the old St Mary’s Church and Ridley Road market, accompanies a song by award-winning composer Michael Bruce.
It was unveiled as part of a live concert celebrating the launch of Bruce’s album on Sunday (March 20) at the prestigious Delfont Room in central London.
Neil Eckersley, executive producer for Speckulation Entertainment, who produced the video, said: “We wanted our princess’ journey to take place within a modern, recognisable setting. We scouted locations throughout London, and we decided to go with the area because of its visual variety and vibrancy, which gives a fantastically colourful setting to match the film’s utterly fantastic fabulosity.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information go to www.portraitofaprincess.com.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 3 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 10 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic