Stoke Newington setting for spoof video starring Sheridan Smith
Stoke Newington’s Church Street, Clissold Park and cafes star alongside camp comedy cameos in a new spoof music video.
‘Portrait of a Princess’ brings together Sheridan Smith, who won an Olivier Award for her role in Legally Blond, West End comedienne Julie Atherton and BBC’s Being Human star Russell Tovey among others in the adult adventures of a rather wayward princess.
The video, filmed in Hackney hotspots including the old St Mary’s Church and Ridley Road market, accompanies a song by award-winning composer Michael Bruce.
It was unveiled as part of a live concert celebrating the launch of Bruce’s album on Sunday (March 20) at the prestigious Delfont Room in central London.
Neil Eckersley, executive producer for Speckulation Entertainment, who produced the video, said: “We wanted our princess’ journey to take place within a modern, recognisable setting. We scouted locations throughout London, and we decided to go with the area because of its visual variety and vibrancy, which gives a fantastically colourful setting to match the film’s utterly fantastic fabulosity.”
For more information go to www.portraitofaprincess.com.
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 De Beauvoir mother and son campaign to keep the 21 bus route
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after being caught with cannabis and cash
- 6 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 7 'Deeply shocked and troubled': Reports of rising anti-Semitic crime
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 10 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney