Stoke Newington Town Hall hosts Blitz tea dance
Over 50s event has attendees up and dancing.
SKIRTS spun and toes tapped as around 140 people danced the afternoon away at Stoke Newington Town Hall.
Volunteers dressed in vintage clothing helped ensure there was a 1940s vibe throughout the over 50s tea dance which was held to mark the 70th anniversary of the Blitz.
Rashion style refreshments tickets were offered and resident DJ Mr Wonderful spun the sounds of the era at the event on Wednesday September 29.
Councillor Jonathan McShane, member for community services, said: “I had a great time at this event and I know that everyone else really enjoyed themselves.
You may also want to watch:
“As a council, we feel it is really important that we give older residents every opportunity to lead a fit, healthy and independent lifestyle.
“A tea dance offers exactly that and is also a great way to make new friends. It is also fitting to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Blitz.”
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 10 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney