Stoke Newington Town Hall hosts Blitz tea dance
Over 50s event has attendees up and dancing.
SKIRTS spun and toes tapped as around 140 people danced the afternoon away at Stoke Newington Town Hall.
Volunteers dressed in vintage clothing helped ensure there was a 1940s vibe throughout the over 50s tea dance which was held to mark the 70th anniversary of the Blitz.
Rashion style refreshments tickets were offered and resident DJ Mr Wonderful spun the sounds of the era at the event on Wednesday September 29.
Councillor Jonathan McShane, member for community services, said: “I had a great time at this event and I know that everyone else really enjoyed themselves.
You may also want to watch:
“As a council, we feel it is really important that we give older residents every opportunity to lead a fit, healthy and independent lifestyle.
“A tea dance offers exactly that and is also a great way to make new friends. It is also fitting to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Blitz.”
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'