Stumped detectives appeal to identify man found dead on Hackney Marshes two years ago
- Credit: Archant
Mystery surrounds the identity of a man found dead on Hackney Marshes two years ago – with police no closer to knowing his name or what happened.
A fresh appeal has now been issued by Scotland Yard detectives trying to find his next of kin. It includes an e-fit of the man, believed to be in his 40s and south-east Asian.
He was found dead on the marshes on December 7, 2015, and cops have exhausted all lines of enquiry – though they say his death is not suspicious.
The man was clean shaven with black but greying hair. He was between 40 and 45, about 5ft 6ins and eight stone.
His dental hygiene was very bad and he was missing teeth. Those remaining were very decayed. He was wearing several layers of clothing which included a black North Face jacket, a dark grey hooded top with a front zip and a white knitted V-neck jumper.
You may also want to watch:
He was also wearing light blue jeans with orange seams and a small brown leather logo on the front right pocket, a black belt with a silver buckle, and black Lacoste trainers.
Anyone with information can contact police at Hackney Missing Persons Unit on 101 or contact Missing People on 116000.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school