Success of 13-year old winner of Hackney’s biggest talent show Alter Ego “hasn’t sunk in”
- Credit: Archant
A 13-year old spoken word artist was crowned the winner of Hackney’s biggest talent show in front of a packed out audience at the Hackney Empire last Friday.
Di-Andre Ebanks Silvera wowed the audience and judges at the Alter Ego finals with his performance, Dare You, which delivered a powerful message about young people in modern society.
Di-Andre said: “It hasn’t fully sunk in yet, but it has left me lost for words because of the people I was up against, like Warren and the Young Brasscals, they were really good.”
His prize is a package of mentoring by industry professionals, rehearsal and studio time, a professional makeover and photo shoot session.
Second place went to 18-year old dancer Warren Hugh Murray, and then 17-year old rapper Kagan Page-Burgin and girl group trio Young Brasscals comprised of Nadia Haloua, Rose Yemelyanova and Sanchez Mequina were joint third.
You may also want to watch:
Eight acts performed in the contest which was hosted by MTV Base presenter Kat B and DJ Louis Subsole, with performances from X Factor’s Misha B, Hackney-born rapper J Spades and Alter Ego 2013 winner Emily Numutaako, better known by her stage name, Emily Grace.
Past Alter Ego contestants include Jermain Jackman who is currently competing in the BBC singing talent show, The Voice.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding