Success stories for Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
Stoke Newington school had several success stories to tell today after a strong set of GCSE results.
Overall the school had a good day, with the number of students achieving at least five A* to C grades up 12 percent over the last two years. In comparison, the national figures for this time are relatively stable.
Polly Tollemache, of Barbauld Road, scored six A*’s amongst her results, and jokingly thanked her family for putting up with her during exam season:
“Thanks to all the teachers at Stoke Newington School, and also thank you to my parents and brother for keeping out of my way during exams,” she said. Polly hopes to now go on to do A-levels, followed by an art foundation course and then university.
Mahfuza Ahmed, of Clissold Road, was another planning for the future after an excellent set of results.
You may also want to watch:
Mahfuza received four A*s and five A’s amongst her results, and is hoping to go in to a career involving maths or science.
- 1 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 4 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 5 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 6 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's