Success stories for Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
Stoke Newington school had several success stories to tell today after a strong set of GCSE results.
Overall the school had a good day, with the number of students achieving at least five A* to C grades up 12 percent over the last two years. In comparison, the national figures for this time are relatively stable.
Polly Tollemache, of Barbauld Road, scored six A*’s amongst her results, and jokingly thanked her family for putting up with her during exam season:
“Thanks to all the teachers at Stoke Newington School, and also thank you to my parents and brother for keeping out of my way during exams,” she said. Polly hopes to now go on to do A-levels, followed by an art foundation course and then university.
Mahfuza Ahmed, of Clissold Road, was another planning for the future after an excellent set of results.
You may also want to watch:
Mahfuza received four A*s and five A’s amongst her results, and is hoping to go in to a career involving maths or science.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 7 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs