Success stories for Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
Stoke Newington school had several success stories to tell today after a strong set of GCSE results.
Overall the school had a good day, with the number of students achieving at least five A* to C grades up 12 percent over the last two years. In comparison, the national figures for this time are relatively stable.
Polly Tollemache, of Barbauld Road, scored six A*’s amongst her results, and jokingly thanked her family for putting up with her during exam season:
“Thanks to all the teachers at Stoke Newington School, and also thank you to my parents and brother for keeping out of my way during exams,” she said. Polly hopes to now go on to do A-levels, followed by an art foundation course and then university.
Mahfuza Ahmed, of Clissold Road, was another planning for the future after an excellent set of results.
You may also want to watch:
Mahfuza received four A*s and five A’s amongst her results, and is hoping to go in to a career involving maths or science.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets