Surreal Christmas cabaret spectacular hits Stoke Newington town hall
Club Dada showcases absurd and eccentric acts in a spectacular cabaret extravaganza.
Acclaimed comedian Phil Kay joins the line-up, in a “surreal” Christmas cabaret spectacular in Stoke Newington Town Hall.
Legendary comp�re Ida Barr, a drag queen music hall and rap star pensioner persona, will introduce the acts for Club Dada.
She will be joined by British Comedy Award winner, stand-up comedian Phil Kay, plus Rod Laver with his oral ping-pong juggling act, and the mesmerising acrobatics of Tumbellina.
Pick pocket extraordinaire Lee Thompson is also on the line-up, with Edd Muir on the Chinese pole and festival favourite Bruce Airhead who uses a voice activated vacuum cleaner to inflate a six-foot balloon which he places on his head.
DJs The Correspondents will then play an electro-swing set until 11pm.
Club Dada has been described as “a surreal world, where the absurd is everyday and where eccentricity isn’t just celebrated but elevated to performance art.”
- 1 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 2 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 3 Demolition begins to make way for Hoxton homes
- 4 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 5 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 6 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 7 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 8 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 9 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 10 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
The event takes place in Stoke Newington Town Hall, Stoke Newington Church Street, on Sunday December 12. Doors open at 7:30pm, and the show starts at 8.30pm.
Tickets cost �20 each for cabaret style seating and �15 for balcony seating are available from www.wegottickets.com/festivefeast and on the door unless sold out.