Surreal Christmas cabaret spectacular hits Stoke Newington town hall
Club Dada showcases absurd and eccentric acts in a spectacular cabaret extravaganza.
Acclaimed comedian Phil Kay joins the line-up, in a “surreal” Christmas cabaret spectacular in Stoke Newington Town Hall.
Legendary comp�re Ida Barr, a drag queen music hall and rap star pensioner persona, will introduce the acts for Club Dada.
She will be joined by British Comedy Award winner, stand-up comedian Phil Kay, plus Rod Laver with his oral ping-pong juggling act, and the mesmerising acrobatics of Tumbellina.
Pick pocket extraordinaire Lee Thompson is also on the line-up, with Edd Muir on the Chinese pole and festival favourite Bruce Airhead who uses a voice activated vacuum cleaner to inflate a six-foot balloon which he places on his head.
You may also want to watch:
DJs The Correspondents will then play an electro-swing set until 11pm.
Club Dada has been described as “a surreal world, where the absurd is everyday and where eccentricity isn’t just celebrated but elevated to performance art.”
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
The event takes place in Stoke Newington Town Hall, Stoke Newington Church Street, on Sunday December 12. Doors open at 7:30pm, and the show starts at 8.30pm.
Tickets cost �20 each for cabaret style seating and �15 for balcony seating are available from www.wegottickets.com/festivefeast and on the door unless sold out.