Surreal Christmas cabaret spectacular hits Stoke Newington town hall
Club Dada showcases absurd and eccentric acts in a spectacular cabaret extravaganza.
Acclaimed comedian Phil Kay joins the line-up, in a “surreal” Christmas cabaret spectacular in Stoke Newington Town Hall.
Legendary comp�re Ida Barr, a drag queen music hall and rap star pensioner persona, will introduce the acts for Club Dada.
She will be joined by British Comedy Award winner, stand-up comedian Phil Kay, plus Rod Laver with his oral ping-pong juggling act, and the mesmerising acrobatics of Tumbellina.
Pick pocket extraordinaire Lee Thompson is also on the line-up, with Edd Muir on the Chinese pole and festival favourite Bruce Airhead who uses a voice activated vacuum cleaner to inflate a six-foot balloon which he places on his head.
You may also want to watch:
DJs The Correspondents will then play an electro-swing set until 11pm.
Club Dada has been described as “a surreal world, where the absurd is everyday and where eccentricity isn’t just celebrated but elevated to performance art.”
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 8 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
The event takes place in Stoke Newington Town Hall, Stoke Newington Church Street, on Sunday December 12. Doors open at 7:30pm, and the show starts at 8.30pm.
Tickets cost �20 each for cabaret style seating and �15 for balcony seating are available from www.wegottickets.com/festivefeast and on the door unless sold out.