Sutton and Sons fish and chip shop up for national innovation award
- Credit: Archant
Sutton and Sons is one of three finalists in the 2020 National Fish and Chip Awards.
The chain which has shops in Stoke Newington, Islington and Hackney Central, is up against Fish City in Belfast and Penaluna's Famous Fish and Chips in Wales in the development and innovation category.
Judges looked for evidence of menu development and innovation when promoting healthier options, and assessed customer health awareness methods and employee training procedures.
Marcus Coleman, chief executive of Seafish, the public body that supports the seafood industry and which organises the awards, said: "The award recognises businesses that go above and beyond to showcase the nutritional value of fish and chips.
"These outstanding finalists are a credit to the industry and have worked hard to create menus which highlight versatility, healthy options and dietary requirements."
You may also want to watch:
The winner will be announced in January.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 6 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012