Take part in Shoreditch fun run later this month
Youth charity Street Level is staging the 5k run
Budding London Marathon runners can warm up closer to home later this month, when a youth charity stages a 5k challenge in Shoreditch Park.
A group of youths from Street Level, in Pitfield Street, came up with the idea for the fun run, which takes place on Saturday March 26, and secured funding from the council-run Hackney Youth Opportunity Fund.
Street Level project manager, Claudia Turbet-Delof said: “Learning how to live healthily has been one of the key themes of our youth groups over the last year.
“That it was a group of young people who came up with this idea shows that the youth of Hackney are excited by the prospect of having the Olympic Games on their doorstep, and want it to inspire the whole borough to get fit.”
You may also want to watch:
Street Level are offering a free health check-up and training sessions at the Britannia Leisure Centre to help those who sign-up prepare for the challenge, and learn how lead a healthier lifestyle. Runners will also be provided with a running t-shirt and training pack.
All Hackney residents can take part, for more information see www.streetleveluk.org
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man