Take part in Shoreditch fun run later this month
Youth charity Street Level is staging the 5k run
Budding London Marathon runners can warm up closer to home later this month, when a youth charity stages a 5k challenge in Shoreditch Park.
A group of youths from Street Level, in Pitfield Street, came up with the idea for the fun run, which takes place on Saturday March 26, and secured funding from the council-run Hackney Youth Opportunity Fund.
Street Level project manager, Claudia Turbet-Delof said: “Learning how to live healthily has been one of the key themes of our youth groups over the last year.
“That it was a group of young people who came up with this idea shows that the youth of Hackney are excited by the prospect of having the Olympic Games on their doorstep, and want it to inspire the whole borough to get fit.”
You may also want to watch:
Street Level are offering a free health check-up and training sessions at the Britannia Leisure Centre to help those who sign-up prepare for the challenge, and learn how lead a healthier lifestyle. Runners will also be provided with a running t-shirt and training pack.
All Hackney residents can take part, for more information see www.streetleveluk.org
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 3 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 4 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 5 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries