Tottenham look for quick response away to Cardiff
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino will make changes for the clash in Wales on New Year’s Day
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino is set to rotate his starting XI for the clash with Cardiff City on New Year’s Day.
Spurs suffered a shock 3-1 loss at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers on December 29 to end 2018 in disappointing fashion.
After coming into the game following five consecutive Premier League wins, the N17 club will seek a swift response in Wales on Tuesday.
The likes of Kyle Walker-Peters and Danny Rose were unused substitutes on Saturday and could start against Cardiff with Kieran Trippier and Ben Davies benched.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Oliver Skipp and Lucas Moura could earn recalls with Pochettino using the same attacking five behind Kane for a number of games over the festive period.
Serge Aurier is another who may be in contention, but Jan Vertonghen (thigh), Victor Wanyama (knee), Mousa Dembele (ankle) and Eric Dier (appendicitis) will be absent again as the Lilywhites seek to complete a double over Neil Warnock’s Blues.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 3 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 4 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 5 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 6 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Mosaic unveiled at near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 10 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef