Tottenham look for quick response away to Cardiff
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino will make changes for the clash in Wales on New Year’s Day
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino is set to rotate his starting XI for the clash with Cardiff City on New Year’s Day.
Spurs suffered a shock 3-1 loss at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers on December 29 to end 2018 in disappointing fashion.
After coming into the game following five consecutive Premier League wins, the N17 club will seek a swift response in Wales on Tuesday.
The likes of Kyle Walker-Peters and Danny Rose were unused substitutes on Saturday and could start against Cardiff with Kieran Trippier and Ben Davies benched.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Oliver Skipp and Lucas Moura could earn recalls with Pochettino using the same attacking five behind Kane for a number of games over the festive period.
Serge Aurier is another who may be in contention, but Jan Vertonghen (thigh), Victor Wanyama (knee), Mousa Dembele (ankle) and Eric Dier (appendicitis) will be absent again as the Lilywhites seek to complete a double over Neil Warnock’s Blues.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back