Tottenham look for quick response away to Cardiff
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino will make changes for the clash in Wales on New Year’s Day
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino is set to rotate his starting XI for the clash with Cardiff City on New Year’s Day.
Spurs suffered a shock 3-1 loss at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers on December 29 to end 2018 in disappointing fashion.
After coming into the game following five consecutive Premier League wins, the N17 club will seek a swift response in Wales on Tuesday.
The likes of Kyle Walker-Peters and Danny Rose were unused substitutes on Saturday and could start against Cardiff with Kieran Trippier and Ben Davies benched.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Oliver Skipp and Lucas Moura could earn recalls with Pochettino using the same attacking five behind Kane for a number of games over the festive period.
Serge Aurier is another who may be in contention, but Jan Vertonghen (thigh), Victor Wanyama (knee), Mousa Dembele (ankle) and Eric Dier (appendicitis) will be absent again as the Lilywhites seek to complete a double over Neil Warnock’s Blues.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 4 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 7 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 8 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 9 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
- 10 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas