Tottenham look for quick response away to Cardiff
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino will make changes for the clash in Wales on New Year’s Day
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino is set to rotate his starting XI for the clash with Cardiff City on New Year’s Day.
Spurs suffered a shock 3-1 loss at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers on December 29 to end 2018 in disappointing fashion.
After coming into the game following five consecutive Premier League wins, the N17 club will seek a swift response in Wales on Tuesday.
The likes of Kyle Walker-Peters and Danny Rose were unused substitutes on Saturday and could start against Cardiff with Kieran Trippier and Ben Davies benched.
Elsewhere, Oliver Skipp and Lucas Moura could earn recalls with Pochettino using the same attacking five behind Kane for a number of games over the festive period.
Serge Aurier is another who may be in contention, but Jan Vertonghen (thigh), Victor Wanyama (knee), Mousa Dembele (ankle) and Eric Dier (appendicitis) will be absent again as the Lilywhites seek to complete a double over Neil Warnock’s Blues.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 2 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 3 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 4 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 5 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon
- 6 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 7 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 8 'Catastrophic consequences': Thousands of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 9 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 10 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park