Tottenham look for quick response away to Cardiff
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino will make changes for the clash in Wales on New Year’s Day
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino is set to rotate his starting XI for the clash with Cardiff City on New Year’s Day.
Spurs suffered a shock 3-1 loss at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers on December 29 to end 2018 in disappointing fashion.
After coming into the game following five consecutive Premier League wins, the N17 club will seek a swift response in Wales on Tuesday.
The likes of Kyle Walker-Peters and Danny Rose were unused substitutes on Saturday and could start against Cardiff with Kieran Trippier and Ben Davies benched.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Oliver Skipp and Lucas Moura could earn recalls with Pochettino using the same attacking five behind Kane for a number of games over the festive period.
Serge Aurier is another who may be in contention, but Jan Vertonghen (thigh), Victor Wanyama (knee), Mousa Dembele (ankle) and Eric Dier (appendicitis) will be absent again as the Lilywhites seek to complete a double over Neil Warnock’s Blues.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses