Eriksen out of Terriers game, but set to make Barca clash
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino will once again be without some key men this weekend
Tottenham Hotpsur’s injury problems show no signs of slowing down with Christian Eriksen out of Saturday’s Premier League encounter at Huddersfield Town.
After missing the League Cup third round tie with Watford on Wednesday night at Stadium MK, Mauricio Pochettino revealed the Denmark playmaker had suffered an abdomen problem during the win at Brighton & Hove Albion last weekend.
Eriksen’s issue is only meant to be a “small” one according to his manager, and he is therefore due to return for next week’s Champions League Group B clash at home to Barcelona in the capital.
Aside from the 26-year-old, Spurs will also continue to be without Michel Vorm, who is still going through rehab following a knee injury.
The club also insisted captain Hugh Lloris remains sidelined with a thigh problem, but Pochettino had better news on this front and mentioned how the World Cup winner would be assessed today (Friday) to see if he is fit enough to feature at Huddersfield.
If he fails to prove he is 100 per cent over his injury, then Paulo Gazzaniga will remain between the sticks after his impressive display in the shoot-out victory over Watford.
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 3 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 4 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 5 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
- 6 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 7 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 8 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 9 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
- 10 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
While Serge Aurier produced a fairly accomplished performance at Stadium MK, the Ivory Coast international suffered a thigh injury towards the end of the match and may now have to sit out Saturday’s fixture in Yorkshire.
The likes of Harry Kane, Danny Rose, Jan Vertonghen and Kieran Trippier were all given Wednesday off, but the foursome should feature from the off against Huddersfield as Spurs seek another positive result.