Foyth the latest player to join Spurs’ growing injury list
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Argentine defender has recently forced his way into Mauricio Pochettino’s starting XI
Tottenham Hotspur will be without Juan Foyth for the trip to Leicester City after he picked up a hamstring injury during Wednesday’s 3-1 win over Southampton in the Premier League.
The Argentina international’s absence will see Jan Vertonghen return to the Spurs starting XI after suspension.
He had an afternoon to forget at Arsenal last Sunday as he gave away a penalty and then picked up a second yellow card which saw him miss the midweek victory over the Saints because he was serving a one-match ban.
Vertonghen will aim to produce a much better display at the King Power Stadium this evening, but Mauricio Pochettino will have to make do with several players.
Kieran Trippier is struggling with his groin injury and will therefore sit out tonight’s game with Leicester and he is one of many on the sidelines.
Davinson Sanchez (hamstring), Victor Wanyama (knee), Mousa Dembele (ankle) and Erik Lamela (thigh) are all unavailable and continuing rehabilitation at Hotspur Way.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 2 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 3 'Catastrophic consequences': Thousands of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 4 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 5 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon
- 6 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 7 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 8 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 9 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 10 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
It means Pochettino’s options are limited, but he is likely to hand recalls to the likes of Serge Aurier, Ben Davies, Moussa Sissoko and Dele Alli for this fixture with the Foxes, who have drawn five of their last seven games in all competitions.