Lamela’s return to fitness boosts Tottenham ahead of Fulham clash
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Argentinean playmaker impressed during pre-season before suffering a muscle problem
Erik Lamela could be back for Spurs on Saturday for their Premier League fixture with London rivals Fulham at Wembley.
This will be Tottenham Hotspur’s first ‘home’ match of the 2018/19 season, but it will take place at the national stadium.
Spurs’ new 62,062-seater venue is still to be finished, so Mauricio Pochettino’s side will be back in Brent this weekend.
Last time out, at Newcastle United on Saturday, they were without several key players, but a positive update was provided on some this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The club revealed midfielders Lamela, Harry Winks and Josh Onomah have all returned to training this week.
Academy graduates Winks and Onomah have been struggling with ankle and knee issues respectively, but appear close to a first-team comeback now.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
Meanwhile Lamela has been absent for a couple of weeks with a muscle problem picked up on the tour of the United States, but is set to feature against the Cottagers on Saturday.
Elsewhere, young defender Cameron Carter-Vickers is ‘continuing rehabilitation’ for a groin injury according to Spurs.
Juan Foyth (thigh) remains on track and continued ‘field based rehabilitation’ at Hotspur Way this week while Victor Wanyama (knee) has started to do field work.