Kane nearing return, but Dier hit with virus ahead of Foxes clash
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs will be without five first-teamers at Wembley Stadium this weekend
Tottenham Hotspur are missing several players for the visit of Leicester City in the Premier League on Sunday afternoon.
Spurs will take on the Foxes looking to make it three consecutive wins in the division, but will be without five first-teamers.
Utility man Eric Dier has been hit with a virus, so is unavailable and there is also bad news for Vincent Janssen.
The Dutchman has been welcomed back into the picture under Mauricio Pochettino over the last week after a failed move away from the club on Transfer Deadline Day.
However, he will not return to the first-team squad on Sunday as he has picked up a knee injury.
Elsewhere, full-back Ben Davies remains sidelined with a groin issue - suffered back on January 24 - and is continuing rehabilitation.
- 1 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 2 Dalston Lane closure after rider taken to hospital
- 3 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 4 ‘Blimey’: Stoke Newington resident celebrates 109th birthday
- 5 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 6 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 7 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 10 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
There is better news regarding Harry Kane, though, with the England striker closing in on a return.
He suffered ankle ligament damage during the 1-0 home loss to Manchester United on January 13.
Initially he was set to be ruled out until the start of March, but like before Kane looks to be recovering quicker than expected.
While he will miss the visit of Leicester and Wednesday’s Champions League round of 16 first leg with Borussia Dortmund, the Spurs star could be back when Tottenham make the trip to Burnely on February 23.
Dele Alli remains further behind with his hamstring problem and is unlikely to play for the club this month.