Tottenham to be without Lloris and Alli for Reds clash
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The club confirmed this afternoon the Spurs captain will be absent for ‘several weeks’
Spurs will be missing Hugo Lloris and Dele Alli for Saturday’s Premier League clash against Liverpool at Wembley Stadium.
The news is a bitter blow for boss Mauricio Pochettino, who was hopeful of selecting the pair for this weekend.
Lloris suffered a thigh injury ahead of the Watford clash on September 2 and missed France’s international games this week as a result.
Tottenham Hotspur were initially expecting the captain to return swiftly, but a recent update by the club this afternoon has insisted he will be out for “several weeks.”
You may also want to watch:
Alli, meanwhile, picked up a hamstring injury while away with England and had to sit out Tuesday’s friendly with Switzerland.
Like Lloris, it was hoped his problem wasn’t too bad, but the former MK Dons ace will not be fit to face Liverpool on Saturday.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 9 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
It seems likely both Spurs’ captain and Alli will miss Tuesday’s Champions League Group B match at Inter Milan too.
In addition to them, Juan Foyth (thigh) and Moussa Sissoko (hamstring) will also miss the Premier League fixture with Liverpool.
Foyth has now returned to training, however, but Sissoko is not expected to resume training with the group again until next week.