Tottenham to be without Lloris and Alli for Reds clash
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The club confirmed this afternoon the Spurs captain will be absent for ‘several weeks’
Spurs will be missing Hugo Lloris and Dele Alli for Saturday’s Premier League clash against Liverpool at Wembley Stadium.
The news is a bitter blow for boss Mauricio Pochettino, who was hopeful of selecting the pair for this weekend.
Lloris suffered a thigh injury ahead of the Watford clash on September 2 and missed France’s international games this week as a result.
Tottenham Hotspur were initially expecting the captain to return swiftly, but a recent update by the club this afternoon has insisted he will be out for “several weeks.”
You may also want to watch:
Alli, meanwhile, picked up a hamstring injury while away with England and had to sit out Tuesday’s friendly with Switzerland.
Like Lloris, it was hoped his problem wasn’t too bad, but the former MK Dons ace will not be fit to face Liverpool on Saturday.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
It seems likely both Spurs’ captain and Alli will miss Tuesday’s Champions League Group B match at Inter Milan too.
In addition to them, Juan Foyth (thigh) and Moussa Sissoko (hamstring) will also miss the Premier League fixture with Liverpool.
Foyth has now returned to training, however, but Sissoko is not expected to resume training with the group again until next week.