Alli back training, but not guaranteed to play against champions
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs may decide to be cautious with the England international after his recent hamstring injury
Spurs received a boost on the injury front today when it was confirmed Dele Alli has returned to full training following his latest hamstring problem.
The England international has been plagued by the injury since the first international break in September.
While he returned towards the end of the month and featured in games at Brighton & Hove Albion and at home to Watford in the League Cup, he suffered a reoccurrence of the issue in the third round tie.
It has forced the former MK Dons man to sit out England’s most recent matches and also miss several games for Tottenham Hotspur.
You may also want to watch:
Although Alli is now back training with the group again, it remains to be seen whether Mauricio Pochettino will throw him straight in for Monday’s big clash with Premier League champions Manchester City.
Given his recent injury struggles, it seems likely the 22-year-old will have to settle for a spot on the bench.
- 1 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
Spurs will continue to be without Jan Vertonghen (hamstring) and also Danny Rose, with the latter still struggling to shake off the groin problem he suffered towards the end of the 1-0 win over Cardiff City on October 6.
Erik Lamela, who dropped to the bench for Wednesday’s Champions League draw at PSV, can expect to start while Serge Aurier is pushing for a return and could be given an opportunity from the off on Monday at Wembley Stadium.
Trippier has started the last two games, but has struggled against City in the past and it could persuade Pochettino to go with Aurier.