Alli back training, but not guaranteed to play against champions
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs may decide to be cautious with the England international after his recent hamstring injury
Spurs received a boost on the injury front today when it was confirmed Dele Alli has returned to full training following his latest hamstring problem.
The England international has been plagued by the injury since the first international break in September.
While he returned towards the end of the month and featured in games at Brighton & Hove Albion and at home to Watford in the League Cup, he suffered a reoccurrence of the issue in the third round tie.
It has forced the former MK Dons man to sit out England’s most recent matches and also miss several games for Tottenham Hotspur.
You may also want to watch:
Although Alli is now back training with the group again, it remains to be seen whether Mauricio Pochettino will throw him straight in for Monday’s big clash with Premier League champions Manchester City.
Given his recent injury struggles, it seems likely the 22-year-old will have to settle for a spot on the bench.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
Spurs will continue to be without Jan Vertonghen (hamstring) and also Danny Rose, with the latter still struggling to shake off the groin problem he suffered towards the end of the 1-0 win over Cardiff City on October 6.
Erik Lamela, who dropped to the bench for Wednesday’s Champions League draw at PSV, can expect to start while Serge Aurier is pushing for a return and could be given an opportunity from the off on Monday at Wembley Stadium.
Trippier has started the last two games, but has struggled against City in the past and it could persuade Pochettino to go with Aurier.