Spurs still without Dier for visit of Ole’s United
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The 24-year-old last played for Tottenham Hotspur at the beginning of December
Eric Dier will remain absent for Tottenham Hotspur when Manchester United make the trip to Wembley Stadium this weekend.
The utility man has not featured for Spurs since the 2-0 win at Leicester City in the Premier League on December 8.
Dier had surgery to remove his appendix last month after a bout of appendicitis and is still not ready for a return to first-team action.
He joined in with training this week, but Sunday’s clash against the Red Devils will come too soon for the England international.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Spurs will have to assess Lucas Moura after the winger suffered a problem with his knee in the 7-0 victory at Tranmere Rovers in the FA Cup on January 4.
Victor Wanyama is still out, despite progressing to late stages of rehabilitation, and so he will not face United.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
Mauricio Pochettino will also not select Mousa Dembele (ankle) as he remains short of match fitness.
Jan Vertonghen is available now and could be involved in the match day squad, but a start seems unlikely given the magnitude of the fixture and the form of fellow Belgian Toby Alderweireld, who has shone alongside a number of different partners recently.