Trippier available again for Tottenham ahead of Saints encounter
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs will be without Jan Vertonghen, Davinson Sanchez, Victor Wanyama, Mousa Demble and Erik Lamela for the visit of Southampton
Kieran Trippier has returned to training for Tottenham Hotspur and could make his return from injury in Wednesday’s Premier League clash at home to Southampton.
The England full-back has not played for Spurs since coming off in the 1-0 win at Crystal Palace on November 10 with a groin problem.
It saw Trippier not only miss out on international duty with the Three Lions, but fail to play a part in the Lilywhites big week.
He had to sit out the games with Chelsea, Inter Milan and Arsenal, but is available again and should start against the Saints.
Mauricio Pochettino will be without several other players for the match against his old club at Wembley Stadium.
Jan Vertonghen is suspended after his red card during Sunday’s 4-2 loss at the Gunners and so Toby Alderweireld should return and partner Juan Foyth at the back.
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 3 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 4 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 5 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 6 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 7 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 8 Men jailed after firing 13 shots at people in children's park
- 9 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 10 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
Spurs will also be missing Erik Lamela (thigh), Davinson Sanchez (hamstring) and Victor Wanyama (knee) who all continue rehabilitation at Hotspur Way.
Meanwhile Mousa Dembele is expected to return in the next few weeks following his ankle injury with a January come back still predicted for the Belgian.
After featuring in all three games last week, Dele Alli, Moussa Sissoko and Ben Davies could find themselves on the bench for the visit of Southampton.
Lucas Moura will be pushing for a start while Danny Rose should return after a lengthy absence with a groin injury.
Rose appeared off the bench for Tottenham towards the latter stages of the Arsenal clash, which was his first outing for the club since October 6.
The left-back appeared to suffer a minor injury in the 1-0 win over Cardiff City, but the problem has seen him miss almost two months of action, though he’ll aim to make up for lost time this week.