Trippier available again for Tottenham ahead of Saints encounter
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs will be without Jan Vertonghen, Davinson Sanchez, Victor Wanyama, Mousa Demble and Erik Lamela for the visit of Southampton
Kieran Trippier has returned to training for Tottenham Hotspur and could make his return from injury in Wednesday’s Premier League clash at home to Southampton.
The England full-back has not played for Spurs since coming off in the 1-0 win at Crystal Palace on November 10 with a groin problem.
It saw Trippier not only miss out on international duty with the Three Lions, but fail to play a part in the Lilywhites big week.
He had to sit out the games with Chelsea, Inter Milan and Arsenal, but is available again and should start against the Saints.
You may also want to watch:
Mauricio Pochettino will be without several other players for the match against his old club at Wembley Stadium.
Jan Vertonghen is suspended after his red card during Sunday’s 4-2 loss at the Gunners and so Toby Alderweireld should return and partner Juan Foyth at the back.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
Spurs will also be missing Erik Lamela (thigh), Davinson Sanchez (hamstring) and Victor Wanyama (knee) who all continue rehabilitation at Hotspur Way.
Meanwhile Mousa Dembele is expected to return in the next few weeks following his ankle injury with a January come back still predicted for the Belgian.
After featuring in all three games last week, Dele Alli, Moussa Sissoko and Ben Davies could find themselves on the bench for the visit of Southampton.
Lucas Moura will be pushing for a start while Danny Rose should return after a lengthy absence with a groin injury.
Rose appeared off the bench for Tottenham towards the latter stages of the Arsenal clash, which was his first outing for the club since October 6.
The left-back appeared to suffer a minor injury in the 1-0 win over Cardiff City, but the problem has seen him miss almost two months of action, though he’ll aim to make up for lost time this week.