Tottenham set to have Son and Sissoko for Watford clash
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino should be able to select two of his best players this season for the Hornets visit
Heung-min Son looks set to start for Spurs when they return to Premier League action on Wednesday night with a home fixture against Watford.
The South Korean hasn’t played since the 1-0 loss to Manchester United on January 13 after he competed for his country in the Asian Cup.
A surprise early exit for his nation, however, has seen him return to Hotspur Way and he will definitely be involved at Wembley Stadium.
Boss Mauricio Pochettino must decide if he starts him from the off or puts him on the bench, but he will be very tempted to play the attacker down the middle with Harry Kane (ankle) and Dele Alli (hamstring) still unavailable.
You may also want to watch:
Moussa Sissoko could also feature after he returned to training following a knee issue which kept him out of Sunday’s 2-0 loss to Crystal Palace in the FA Cup.
He is likely to replace one of Eric Dier or Oliver Skipp, who both struggled against a compact Eagles team last weekend.
- 1 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 2 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 3 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 6 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 9 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
Tottenham Hotspur will definitely be without Ben Davies, though, with the left-back still struggling with a groin injury.
The Wales international suffered the issue in the League Cup semi-final second leg loss to Chelsea and Danny Rose will start against Watford as a result.
Elsewhere, Erik Lamela had a positive impact off the bench on Sunday and he should get a starting berth at Wembley while captain Hugo Lloris will return in goal ahead of Paulo Gazzaniga.
Christian Eriksen and Toby Alderweireld were both rested at Palace, but they will be in the team for the game with Javi Gracia’s side too.
Watford were the club who handed Spurs their first league defeat of the season, back on September 2, and they have enjoyed a fine campaign to date and sit seventh in the table with 33 points.