Dembele and Eriksen to return for West Ham derby
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur will be without Jan Vertonghen, Danny Rose and Dele Alli for the fixture at the London Stadium
Mousa Dembele and Christian Eriksen look set to return for Spurs when they take on West Ham United this weekend in the Premier League.
Both players were unable to play for their countries during the past week, but are back to full fitness again now.
Dembele picked up a thigh injury during Tottenham Hotspur’s 2-0 win at Huddersfield Town on September 29 and missed games with Barcelona and Cardiff City as a result.
It saw the Belgian not selected by national team boss Roberto Martinez and it appears the rest has benefited the midfielder after he returned to full training this week.
You may also want to watch:
Eriksen has been out for slightly longer after experiencing abdominal pain following the away win at Brighton & Hove Albion on September 22.
While the Dane was rested for the League Cup tie with Watford days later, the extent of his injury was revealed ahead of the Huddersfield fixture and he missed the victory at the Terries plus games with Barcelona and Cardiff.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 4 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 10 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
Like Dembele, a full week without a game, after he wasn’t picked by Denmark this week, has seen him recover in time to face the Hammers.
It is not all good news for manager Mauricio Pochettino on the injury front though, as he will be without three key men at the London Stadium.
Jan Vertonghen, as expected, remains out with a hamstring injury and isn’t set to come back to full training until December.
There is also bad news regarding Dele Alli with the influential playmaker still not fit after a recent hamstring problem.
He missed the games with Huddersfield, Barcelona and Cardiff as a result of his injury and will not make the derby with West Ham.
The club did reveal, however, Alli should return to training next week and will probably target a return for the clash with Manchester City at Wembley Stadium on October 29.
Finally, Danny Rose is “progressing with his rehabilitation” after suffering a groin issue towards the end of the Cardiff win.
It kept the left-back out of England’s games in the UEFA Nations League recently, but, like Alli, he is due to return to training next week.