Tech City: New workspace combines benefits of café and office
- Credit: Archant
A co-working space in Tech City is perking up the office with a new concept space blending fast connectivity and artisan coffee on demand.
For entrepreneurs and small businesses in need of an energised work environment, The Coffice aims to be the pick-me-up to match their demand.
Pioneered by The Brew working space, The Coffice is designed to offer workers the benefits of a café environment without the distractions or struggle of getting a seat, wifi or plug sockets.
Workers bring their own device and can connect to 200mb wifi as well as surrounding themselves with a creative, like-minded community. Plug sockets are also available at every seat.
With the latest statistics revealing a meteoric rise in self-employment over the past few years, managing director of The Brew, in Shoreditch, Andrew Clough, said he thought the space would breathe new life into conventional 9-to-5 offices.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The Coffice is the UK’s first purpose-built office-café hybrid and marks the emergence of a new era for the co-working sphere.
“We’re incredibly excited to launch this innovative workspace and help Londoners to enjoy collective entrepreneurial spirit, creative vibes, a tight-knit community feel plus London roasted artisan coffee and great home-cooked food.
- 1 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
“It’s a brilliant fit for The Brew which is a hub for tech companies, entrepreneurs and freelancers.”
As well as providing Londoners with an alternative – and free - work environment, The Coffice also brews fresh artisan coffee from London roasters, Volcano.
Workers are kept fuelled throughout the day with homemade French-inspired breakfasts and lunches available on the premises.
The kitchen is overseen by Brew members Jonathan Dupont and Anne Roque.
Andrew said: “Anne and Jonathan have been looking to launch their French-style café concept for a while, so when we heard their plans we thought it would be a terrific idea for The Brew Eagle House.