Teen dies in De Beauvoir after moped collision
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been arrested after a fatal collision with two mopeds last night in Downham Road, police have said.
A driver has been arrested after a fatal collision with two mopeds last night, police have said.
The man, who was driving a blue VW Golf, is being held on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following an incident in which a moped rider, believed to be 18, died.
Police said they were called to the scene in Downham Road, near the junction with Southgate Road, at about 1.20am this morning.
The teenager, whose next of kin have been informed but who is yet to be formally identified, died shortly after 2am
Officers are currently trying to trace the rider of the second moped, which was also involved in the collision.
An appeal for witnesses has been launced, police said, and anyone with information is asked to contact the Road Death Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 3 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 4 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 5 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 6 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 7 'It was like a scene from a movie': Hackney man facing jail for 2017 shooting
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 10 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days