Teen dies in De Beauvoir after moped collision
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been arrested after a fatal collision with two mopeds last night in Downham Road, police have said.
A driver has been arrested after a fatal collision with two mopeds last night, police have said.
The man, who was driving a blue VW Golf, is being held on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following an incident in which a moped rider, believed to be 18, died.
Police said they were called to the scene in Downham Road, near the junction with Southgate Road, at about 1.20am this morning.
The teenager, whose next of kin have been informed but who is yet to be formally identified, died shortly after 2am
You may also want to watch:
Officers are currently trying to trace the rider of the second moped, which was also involved in the collision.
An appeal for witnesses has been launced, police said, and anyone with information is asked to contact the Road Death Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder