Teen dies in De Beauvoir after moped collision
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been arrested after a fatal collision with two mopeds last night in Downham Road, police have said.
A driver has been arrested after a fatal collision with two mopeds last night, police have said.
The man, who was driving a blue VW Golf, is being held on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following an incident in which a moped rider, believed to be 18, died.
Police said they were called to the scene in Downham Road, near the junction with Southgate Road, at about 1.20am this morning.
The teenager, whose next of kin have been informed but who is yet to be formally identified, died shortly after 2am
You may also want to watch:
Officers are currently trying to trace the rider of the second moped, which was also involved in the collision.
An appeal for witnesses has been launced, police said, and anyone with information is asked to contact the Road Death Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens