Teen dies in De Beauvoir after moped collision
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been arrested after a fatal collision with two mopeds last night in Downham Road, police have said.
A driver has been arrested after a fatal collision with two mopeds last night, police have said.
The man, who was driving a blue VW Golf, is being held on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following an incident in which a moped rider, believed to be 18, died.
Police said they were called to the scene in Downham Road, near the junction with Southgate Road, at about 1.20am this morning.
The teenager, whose next of kin have been informed but who is yet to be formally identified, died shortly after 2am
You may also want to watch:
Officers are currently trying to trace the rider of the second moped, which was also involved in the collision.
An appeal for witnesses has been launced, police said, and anyone with information is asked to contact the Road Death Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 9 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared