Teen stabbed in neck in gang attack in Homerton now ‘stable’
A teenager who was rushed to hospital on Friday (July 22) after a 20-strong mob of knife-wielding thugs stabbed him in the neck in broad daylight is now believed to be in a stable condition.
The 15-year-old boy was set-upon by members of a rival gang, according to police, outside Rivermead House in Homerton Road, shortly before 2.30pm.
Paramedics took him to the Royal London Hospital where his condition was described as serious. He has since been transferred to another hospital where his condition is now believed to be serious but stable.
Up to one hundred young people gathered in the area very soon after it happened. Four young men were seen cycling through traffic on bicycles close to the scene before the attack.
Police want to hear from anyone with information.
Detective Constable Kevin Ives, of Hackney CID, said: “This incident happened in broad daylight. Three buses drove by near the time of the attack. Homerton Road is a very busy high road and is the main route to the A12.
“I would urge anyone who was on one of those buses and saw anything or anyone else in the area who knows anything to come forward, no matter how insignificant they may think their information is.”
- 1 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 2 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 3 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 4 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 5 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 6 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 7 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 8 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
- 9 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
- 10 Section 60: Increased stop and search powers in place across Hackney
Four teenagers, two aged 17 and the others aged 16 and 18, were arrested in connection with the stabbing on Saturday (July 23) and Sunday
(July 24). They have been bailed to return to an east London police station in August pending further enquiries.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call Hackney CID on 0207 275 3644 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.