Teenager charged with Somerford Grove murder of Tashaûn Aird, 15, and GBH attack on second victim
- Credit: met
A teenager has been charged with the murder of 15-year-old Tashaûn Aird in Stoke Newington on Wednesday night.
Romaine Williams-Reid, 18, of Collier Row, Havering, will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today accused of killing the Hackney New School pupil in Somerford Grove.
He is also charged with GBH with intent in relation to a second victim who was also stabbed that night.
Police were called at 8.55pm after Tashaûn had been stabbed in the lung. Officers and then medics fought to save his life, as members of the public had already done, but he was pronounced dead just before 10pm.
Tashaûn’s family said: “Tashaûn was family orientated, he loved his family and we loved him dearly. He was passionate about his music and he loved drawing. He was a loving, caring boy with an infectious laugh.
“There are no words to avoid this empty void we now have, a huge part of us is now missing. He was a talented young boy and worked hard in his studies, particularly with his English. We are deeply shocked and saddened by our loss; we have lost a dear son, a brother, a nephew, a grandson and an uncle in Tashaûn.”
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 4 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 7 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 8 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 9 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 10 Man dies after being found on fire in Stoke Newington
Anyone with information can call the incident room on 020 8721 4266.