Teenager dies after road collision in Lower Clapton
A teenager who was seriously hurt on Easter Sunday when his motorbike was involved in a collision with a car has died in hospital from his injuries.
The 18-year-old, Mateo Andres Castrillon of Leyton, was riding a black and red Yamaha WR125 behind a black Citroen Picasso on Lea Bridge Road, near the Chatsworth Road junction in Lower Clapton.
Both vehicles were travelling west-bound towards Hackney but collided, and the motorcycle was then in a collision with a silver BMW 730d car travelling in the opposite direction.
Mr Castrillon suffered a serious head injury after the incident, which happened at about 11.45am. He was rushed to the Royal London Hospital by ambulance, but died early the next day, on April 9.
A post-mortem gave the cause of death as a severe head injury and an inquest opened and adjourned on April 11 at Poplar Coroner’s Court.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact Det Sgt Mark Robson, of the road death investigation unit, on 020 8597 4874.
• The Citroen driver, a 47 year old man, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and taken to a north London police station where he was interviewed and bailed to return on May 8 pending further enquiries.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images