Teenager dies after road collision in Lower Clapton
A teenager who was seriously hurt on Easter Sunday when his motorbike was involved in a collision with a car has died in hospital from his injuries.
The 18-year-old, Mateo Andres Castrillon of Leyton, was riding a black and red Yamaha WR125 behind a black Citroen Picasso on Lea Bridge Road, near the Chatsworth Road junction in Lower Clapton.
Both vehicles were travelling west-bound towards Hackney but collided, and the motorcycle was then in a collision with a silver BMW 730d car travelling in the opposite direction.
Mr Castrillon suffered a serious head injury after the incident, which happened at about 11.45am. He was rushed to the Royal London Hospital by ambulance, but died early the next day, on April 9.
A post-mortem gave the cause of death as a severe head injury and an inquest opened and adjourned on April 11 at Poplar Coroner’s Court.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact Det Sgt Mark Robson, of the road death investigation unit, on 020 8597 4874.
• The Citroen driver, a 47 year old man, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and taken to a north London police station where he was interviewed and bailed to return on May 8 pending further enquiries.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 10 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton