TfL and Oxjam make beautiful music in Shoreditch with top line-up
- Credit: Archant
A charity and a transport company have joined forces to line up some of Britain’s best musical talent for a innovative mobile day festival.
Oxjam and Transport for London (TfL) are launching the first Routemaster gigs, including exclusive performances from Brit Award nominee Laura Mvula and soul singer Omar on Sunday.
The Bus Jam gigs are part of celebrations for the Year of the Bus and competition winners will get to hear a series of live music performances on board a new Routemaster bus.
The gigs will also help raise awareness about Oxjam’s month-long music festival in October which aims to inspire music lovers across the country to put on gigs in their communities. All the money raised supports Oxfam’s work worldwide.
The bus will stop at three locations – Shoreditch, central London and Camden – where fans will board the bus.
You may also want to watch:
The bus will stop at an undisclosed location in Shoreditch between noon and 2pm. Artists performing include grime artist Ghetts, rapper G FrSH and R&B singer Raheem Bakare. To enter the competition, visit facebook.com/transportforlondon.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week