TfL and Oxjam make beautiful music in Shoreditch with top line-up
- Credit: Archant
A charity and a transport company have joined forces to line up some of Britain’s best musical talent for a innovative mobile day festival.
Oxjam and Transport for London (TfL) are launching the first Routemaster gigs, including exclusive performances from Brit Award nominee Laura Mvula and soul singer Omar on Sunday.
The Bus Jam gigs are part of celebrations for the Year of the Bus and competition winners will get to hear a series of live music performances on board a new Routemaster bus.
The gigs will also help raise awareness about Oxjam’s month-long music festival in October which aims to inspire music lovers across the country to put on gigs in their communities. All the money raised supports Oxfam’s work worldwide.
The bus will stop at three locations – Shoreditch, central London and Camden – where fans will board the bus.
You may also want to watch:
The bus will stop at an undisclosed location in Shoreditch between noon and 2pm. Artists performing include grime artist Ghetts, rapper G FrSH and R&B singer Raheem Bakare. To enter the competition, visit facebook.com/transportforlondon.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year