7 of the best burger bars in Hackney
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A bun stuffed with a juicy patty laden with cheese and dripping with sauce, served with hot salty fries - anytime is a good time for a burger. Here’s where to find the very best in Hackney.
Boujee, hefty burgers made from British beef and serving local craft beers. All burgers come with the moreish rosemary seasoned chips and vegetarians and vegans have a few options to choose from.
Beer and Burger
Offers a selection of craft beers and gourmet burgers and dirty sides such as mac balls, dirty fries and buffalo wings. Open late. The Dalston store currently only open for takeaway or delivery.
You may also want to watch:
The Vurger Co
A burger chain that is 100 per cent plant-based, right down to the house-made cumin mayo. Also has a shakes menu, which are all made from almond or soy milk.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
Temple of Seitan
A celiac’s nightmare but a haven for vegetarians and vegans, especially when on the way home from the pub. The all vegan menu (including the mac n cheese) really hits the spot in a way many veggie burgers don’t. Go for the faux-chicken burgers, but maybe take them away as seating is limited.
Burger and Beyond
Gourmet burgers boasting condiments such as marronaise, burnt butter mayo and miso maple butter for a boujee finishing touch. There’s a cocktail, beer and wine list too. Burgers are also available to takeaway.
Filthy Buns at The Three Compasses
A friendly, local pub that pulls a fun crowd and serves up indulgent burgers that go down a treat with a pint or two. You might think peanut butter has no place on a burger but trust me, it does.
Canal-side bar and restaurant, and gallery and band venue. Craft beer, decadent burgers, cheesy, curly and courgette fries. Back on the menu are 2-4-1 Burgers every Thursday and 2-4-1 cocktails on Fridays until 10pm.