The Charlatans launch Oxjam in Dalston
BRITISH indie band The Charlatans kicked off Oxfam’s month of Oxjam gigs in Dalston last night (Monday) as Razorlight’s Johnny Borrell prepares to go against his own advice.
The group, lead by frontman Tim Burgess, played among books and clothes at the charity shop in Kingsland Road.
The show saw Verve drummer Pete Salisbury stand in for Jon Brookes after he was diagnosed with a brain tumour, forcing the band to cancel their US tour.
Hip hop duo dan le sac vs Scroobius Pip also appeared in the first of four gigs at the store this week.
Former X-factor star Diana Vickers will perform alongside Aussie songstress Gabriella Cilmi and Pearl & The Puppets tonight (Tuesday).
You may also want to watch:
And Johnny Borrell, who recorded a song called ‘Don’t go back to Dalston’ with rock band Razorlight in 2004, will be returning himself for a show with Little Comets and Pope Joan tomorrow (September 29).
The final gig will see electronic musician Four Tet headline with Ikonika on Thursday night.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
For more information and ticket availability, go to www.oxfam.org.uk/oxjam.