The Charlatans launch Oxjam in Dalston
BRITISH indie band The Charlatans kicked off Oxfam’s month of Oxjam gigs in Dalston last night (Monday) as Razorlight’s Johnny Borrell prepares to go against his own advice.
The group, lead by frontman Tim Burgess, played among books and clothes at the charity shop in Kingsland Road.
The show saw Verve drummer Pete Salisbury stand in for Jon Brookes after he was diagnosed with a brain tumour, forcing the band to cancel their US tour.
Hip hop duo dan le sac vs Scroobius Pip also appeared in the first of four gigs at the store this week.
Former X-factor star Diana Vickers will perform alongside Aussie songstress Gabriella Cilmi and Pearl & The Puppets tonight (Tuesday).
You may also want to watch:
And Johnny Borrell, who recorded a song called ‘Don’t go back to Dalston’ with rock band Razorlight in 2004, will be returning himself for a show with Little Comets and Pope Joan tomorrow (September 29).
The final gig will see electronic musician Four Tet headline with Ikonika on Thursday night.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 9 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 10 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
For more information and ticket availability, go to www.oxfam.org.uk/oxjam.