The Charlatans launch Oxjam in Dalston
BRITISH indie band The Charlatans kicked off Oxfam’s month of Oxjam gigs in Dalston last night (Monday) as Razorlight’s Johnny Borrell prepares to go against his own advice.
The group, lead by frontman Tim Burgess, played among books and clothes at the charity shop in Kingsland Road.
The show saw Verve drummer Pete Salisbury stand in for Jon Brookes after he was diagnosed with a brain tumour, forcing the band to cancel their US tour.
Hip hop duo dan le sac vs Scroobius Pip also appeared in the first of four gigs at the store this week.
Former X-factor star Diana Vickers will perform alongside Aussie songstress Gabriella Cilmi and Pearl & The Puppets tonight (Tuesday).
You may also want to watch:
And Johnny Borrell, who recorded a song called ‘Don’t go back to Dalston’ with rock band Razorlight in 2004, will be returning himself for a show with Little Comets and Pope Joan tomorrow (September 29).
The final gig will see electronic musician Four Tet headline with Ikonika on Thursday night.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 10 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
For more information and ticket availability, go to www.oxfam.org.uk/oxjam.