The Charlatans launch Oxjam in Dalston
BRITISH indie band The Charlatans kicked off Oxfam’s month of Oxjam gigs in Dalston last night (Monday) as Razorlight’s Johnny Borrell prepares to go against his own advice.
The group, lead by frontman Tim Burgess, played among books and clothes at the charity shop in Kingsland Road.
The show saw Verve drummer Pete Salisbury stand in for Jon Brookes after he was diagnosed with a brain tumour, forcing the band to cancel their US tour.
Hip hop duo dan le sac vs Scroobius Pip also appeared in the first of four gigs at the store this week.
Former X-factor star Diana Vickers will perform alongside Aussie songstress Gabriella Cilmi and Pearl & The Puppets tonight (Tuesday).
And Johnny Borrell, who recorded a song called ‘Don’t go back to Dalston’ with rock band Razorlight in 2004, will be returning himself for a show with Little Comets and Pope Joan tomorrow (September 29).
The final gig will see electronic musician Four Tet headline with Ikonika on Thursday night.
- 1 Hackney high streets to get funding boost
- 2 Man 'threw toolbox' at woman's head at Overground station
- 3 Met officer sacked for concealing proceeds of husband's crimes
- 4 Video shows jewellers in Stamford Hill robbed twice in two months
- 5 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Pay cut decision overturned after council worker strike
- 8 First-of-its-kind De Beauvoir event brings women and the police together
- 9 'We're sorry': Hackney Council apologises after pandemic repairs backlog
- 10 Dedicated police team set up for Shoreditch Town Centre
For more information and ticket availability, go to www.oxfam.org.uk/oxjam.