The Charlatans launch Oxjam in Dalston
BRITISH indie band The Charlatans kicked off Oxfam’s month of Oxjam gigs in Dalston last night (Monday) as Razorlight’s Johnny Borrell prepares to go against his own advice.
The group, lead by frontman Tim Burgess, played among books and clothes at the charity shop in Kingsland Road.
The show saw Verve drummer Pete Salisbury stand in for Jon Brookes after he was diagnosed with a brain tumour, forcing the band to cancel their US tour.
Hip hop duo dan le sac vs Scroobius Pip also appeared in the first of four gigs at the store this week.
Former X-factor star Diana Vickers will perform alongside Aussie songstress Gabriella Cilmi and Pearl & The Puppets tonight (Tuesday).
You may also want to watch:
And Johnny Borrell, who recorded a song called ‘Don’t go back to Dalston’ with rock band Razorlight in 2004, will be returning himself for a show with Little Comets and Pope Joan tomorrow (September 29).
The final gig will see electronic musician Four Tet headline with Ikonika on Thursday night.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
For more information and ticket availability, go to www.oxfam.org.uk/oxjam.