There With You: Hackney Giving supports community groups with £3,000 grants
- Credit: Hackney Giving
A relaunched community grant organisation has given £15,000 to five front-line groups helping Hackney residents access the food and supplies they need during the coronavirus crisis.
Hackney Giving has provided £3,000 grants to African Community School (CAN) in Dalston, Mare Street’s Cambridge Heath Salvation Army, Community African Network, Day-Mer Turkish and Kurdish Community Centre in Stoke Newington and the Schonfeld Foundation.
Oladapo Awosokanre from Community African Network said, “We’re really happy to be a beneficiary of a Hackney Giving grant. CAN represents the African community in Hackney and the grant will go a long way in helping people during the crisis, especially families that have very little income, people with no recourse to public funds as well as elderly people that can’t go out during the lockdown.”
Hackey Giving has raised £18,000 so far to support Hackney’s voluntary and community groups.
The grant organisation is run by Hackney Council for Voluntary Services (CVS) and relaunched this year to help with the Covid-19 crisis.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on how to apply for grants visit http://hackneygiving.org.uk/apply/apply-to-the-coronavirus-response-fund/
To make a donation click here https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charity-web/charity/displayCharityCampaignPage.action?charityCampaignUrl=hackneygiving
Or to find more groups, networks and organisations like this in Hackney providing support during the Coronavirus lockdown visit our There With You Essential List.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'