There With You: Yard Sale offers a year of free pizza to ‘Legend of Lockdown’
- Credit: Archant
A pizza restaurant is honouring local heroes who have gone above and beyond the call of duty during the coronavirus lockdown with a year’s supply of free pizza.
Hackney’s Yard Sale has launched the Legends of Lockdown campaign, asking the public to nominate someone they think deserves one of five gold Notorious YSP cards, entitling them to free food for 12 months.
They could be a key worker, a community volunteer or anyone else who has worked wonders during the pandemic.
Yard Sale, which has branches in Clapton, Hackney Road and Finsbury Park, said: “We think now more than ever is a time to share the love, and appreciation for those who have gone out of their way to do something good in these extremely difficult times.
“We want you to tell us about someone special who you think deserves to win one of these cards. All you need to do is nominate your legend, tell us a bit about them, why they should win and select the shop that is their local Yard Sale.”
You may also want to watch:
Yard Sale has already raised £15,000 through a crowdfunder to give free pizza to NHS workers on the frontline.
Nominations opened on Tuesday for one week. Visit yardsalepizza.com for more.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate