Third arrest made in Birmingham for murder of Moses Fadairo
- Credit: Archant
The man who was brutally shot in Chatsworth Road on Saturday has been named as 25-year-old Moses Fadairo, as a third man who was located by police in Birmingham this morning was arrested for his murder.
Panicked shoppers dived to the ground as Mr Fadairo was shot dead in broad daylight on a packed street in Lower Clapton at around 1pm.
Specialist firearms officers and the London Ambulance Service attended the scene where he was pronounced dead.
A 25-year old man was arrested on suspicion of murder near the crime scene soon after, but he has been released with no further action being taken against him in relation to the murder. However he was later arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an offensive weapon and has now been bailed.
A 23-year-old man was arrested on Sunday on suspicion of murder, and has been bailed until December.
You may also want to watch:
Then this morning a 27-year-old man was arrested in Birmingham and is being held in police custody.
A post-mortem examination at Poplar Mortuary on Sunday gave the cause of his death as a gunshot wound to the chest.
- 1 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 The "milkmen for beer" now deliver in Hackney
- 7 Met Office yellow warning for rain in London this weekend
- 8 Cinema and live music at All Points East's neighbourhood festival
- 9 Hackney choir billed as London talent to watch
- 10 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
Dominic Tyler wrote on Twitter: “A young man lost his life metres from my home in Hackney today. He was shot dead in broad daylight. Senseless, tragic and sad.’
Sam Williams added: “Someone got chased down & shot in broad day on Chatsworth Road, Hackney going back to old school think I might stop waking around again.”
The area earned the nickname ‘Murder Mile’, in the 1990s after a spate of drug and gun-related crimes, but in recent years Lower Clapton has seen a change with trendy businesses moving in and property prices rocketing.
Anyone who witnessed the shooting or the events leading up to the incident is asked to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.