Third arrest made in Birmingham for murder of Moses Fadairo
- Credit: Archant
The man who was brutally shot in Chatsworth Road on Saturday has been named as 25-year-old Moses Fadairo, as a third man who was located by police in Birmingham this morning was arrested for his murder.
Panicked shoppers dived to the ground as Mr Fadairo was shot dead in broad daylight on a packed street in Lower Clapton at around 1pm.
Specialist firearms officers and the London Ambulance Service attended the scene where he was pronounced dead.
A 25-year old man was arrested on suspicion of murder near the crime scene soon after, but he has been released with no further action being taken against him in relation to the murder. However he was later arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an offensive weapon and has now been bailed.
A 23-year-old man was arrested on Sunday on suspicion of murder, and has been bailed until December.
You may also want to watch:
Then this morning a 27-year-old man was arrested in Birmingham and is being held in police custody.
A post-mortem examination at Poplar Mortuary on Sunday gave the cause of his death as a gunshot wound to the chest.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
Dominic Tyler wrote on Twitter: “A young man lost his life metres from my home in Hackney today. He was shot dead in broad daylight. Senseless, tragic and sad.’
Sam Williams added: “Someone got chased down & shot in broad day on Chatsworth Road, Hackney going back to old school think I might stop waking around again.”
The area earned the nickname ‘Murder Mile’, in the 1990s after a spate of drug and gun-related crimes, but in recent years Lower Clapton has seen a change with trendy businesses moving in and property prices rocketing.
Anyone who witnessed the shooting or the events leading up to the incident is asked to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.