Third Hackney shooting in space of one week
An innocent bystander is believed to have been shot in the early hours of this morning in Broadway Market.
The 37-year old woman was found with a gunshot wound in her upper leg when police were called to the London Fields end of Broadway market at 1.45am this morning.
A police community support officer said it is believed the woman was caught in gunfire in what is thought was a retribution attack for Wednesday’s broad daylight shooting in Dalston.
The woman is being treated in an East London hospital and is in a stable non-life threatening condition.
This is the third shooting in Hackney in the space of a week.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old suffered gunshot wounds to the arm in on Wednesday afternoon in an attack in Queensbridge Road, Dalston, close to the junction with Mapledene Road.
A 19-year-old man suffered a “non life-threatening” gunshot wound in his back last Sunday night in Gilpin Square on the Clapton Park Estate.
- 1 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 2 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 3 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 4 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 5 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 6 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 7 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 8 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 9 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
All three incidents are being investigated by Operation Trident.