Third Hackney shooting in space of one week
An innocent bystander is believed to have been shot in the early hours of this morning in Broadway Market.
The 37-year old woman was found with a gunshot wound in her upper leg when police were called to the London Fields end of Broadway market at 1.45am this morning.
A police community support officer said it is believed the woman was caught in gunfire in what is thought was a retribution attack for Wednesday’s broad daylight shooting in Dalston.
The woman is being treated in an East London hospital and is in a stable non-life threatening condition.
This is the third shooting in Hackney in the space of a week.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old suffered gunshot wounds to the arm in on Wednesday afternoon in an attack in Queensbridge Road, Dalston, close to the junction with Mapledene Road.
A 19-year-old man suffered a “non life-threatening” gunshot wound in his back last Sunday night in Gilpin Square on the Clapton Park Estate.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
All three incidents are being investigated by Operation Trident.