Third Hackney shooting in space of one week
An innocent bystander is believed to have been shot in the early hours of this morning in Broadway Market.
The 37-year old woman was found with a gunshot wound in her upper leg when police were called to the London Fields end of Broadway market at 1.45am this morning.
A police community support officer said it is believed the woman was caught in gunfire in what is thought was a retribution attack for Wednesday’s broad daylight shooting in Dalston.
The woman is being treated in an East London hospital and is in a stable non-life threatening condition.
This is the third shooting in Hackney in the space of a week.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old suffered gunshot wounds to the arm in on Wednesday afternoon in an attack in Queensbridge Road, Dalston, close to the junction with Mapledene Road.
A 19-year-old man suffered a “non life-threatening” gunshot wound in his back last Sunday night in Gilpin Square on the Clapton Park Estate.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
All three incidents are being investigated by Operation Trident.