Third Hackney shooting in space of one week
An innocent bystander is believed to have been shot in the early hours of this morning in Broadway Market.
The 37-year old woman was found with a gunshot wound in her upper leg when police were called to the London Fields end of Broadway market at 1.45am this morning.
A police community support officer said it is believed the woman was caught in gunfire in what is thought was a retribution attack for Wednesday’s broad daylight shooting in Dalston.
The woman is being treated in an East London hospital and is in a stable non-life threatening condition.
This is the third shooting in Hackney in the space of a week.
A 20-year-old suffered gunshot wounds to the arm in on Wednesday afternoon in an attack in Queensbridge Road, Dalston, close to the junction with Mapledene Road.
A 19-year-old man suffered a “non life-threatening” gunshot wound in his back last Sunday night in Gilpin Square on the Clapton Park Estate.
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 3 Hackney brain tumour patient mum raises money for hospice
- 4 'The 214 to Provence: Where catching a London bus can take you'
- 5 Hospital trust bucks national trend by recruiting more UK medical staff
- 6 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 7 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 8 Polio: Symptoms, vaccines and what you need to know
- 9 Hackney Central: 25 flee from flats as fire breaks out in shop below
- 10 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
All three incidents are being investigated by Operation Trident.