This week 60 years ago: Teens accused of murdering youngster at Hoxton dance
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers from Hoxton were accused of murdering Alan Henry Compton at a dance at the Wenlock Manor Hall.
The teens denied stabbing Alan in the chest with a six-inch knife during the bash after being refused entry by his uncle, who ran the hall.
n A Stoke Newington woman was in the dock after she allegedly “took off the ground and flew at police” during a live TV broadcast in Soho.
Eileen Fox of Brighton Road, Stoke Newington, denied using insulting words and behaviour after the incident during the filming of Soho Pair in Dean Street.
She was allegedly selling programmes and dancing to draw attention to herself when she was told to be quiet.
You may also want to watch:
Pc John Banyon told Bow Street magistrates’ that when he asked Fox to be quiet she said: “You’ll have to move me yourself if you want me to go”.
He added that she then flung her arms in the air, and herself to the ground. Fox was remanded
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 9 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney