This week 60 years ago: Teens accused of murdering youngster at Hoxton dance
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers from Hoxton were accused of murdering Alan Henry Compton at a dance at the Wenlock Manor Hall.
The teens denied stabbing Alan in the chest with a six-inch knife during the bash after being refused entry by his uncle, who ran the hall.
n A Stoke Newington woman was in the dock after she allegedly “took off the ground and flew at police” during a live TV broadcast in Soho.
Eileen Fox of Brighton Road, Stoke Newington, denied using insulting words and behaviour after the incident during the filming of Soho Pair in Dean Street.
She was allegedly selling programmes and dancing to draw attention to herself when she was told to be quiet.
You may also want to watch:
Pc John Banyon told Bow Street magistrates’ that when he asked Fox to be quiet she said: “You’ll have to move me yourself if you want me to go”.
He added that she then flung her arms in the air, and herself to the ground. Fox was remanded
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 Met officer cleared over moped rider's death during Stoke Newington chase