This week 60 years ago: Teens accused of murdering youngster at Hoxton dance
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers from Hoxton were accused of murdering Alan Henry Compton at a dance at the Wenlock Manor Hall.
The teens denied stabbing Alan in the chest with a six-inch knife during the bash after being refused entry by his uncle, who ran the hall.
n A Stoke Newington woman was in the dock after she allegedly “took off the ground and flew at police” during a live TV broadcast in Soho.
Eileen Fox of Brighton Road, Stoke Newington, denied using insulting words and behaviour after the incident during the filming of Soho Pair in Dean Street.
She was allegedly selling programmes and dancing to draw attention to herself when she was told to be quiet.
You may also want to watch:
Pc John Banyon told Bow Street magistrates’ that when he asked Fox to be quiet she said: “You’ll have to move me yourself if you want me to go”.
He added that she then flung her arms in the air, and herself to the ground. Fox was remanded
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding