Three shootings in three violent days in Stoke Newington
Operation Trident investigate trio of incidents.
VIOLENCE exploded onto the streets of Stoke Newington after three separate shootings happened in three days.
The first occurred on Sunday February 8 when a young man on a pushbike was seen firing shots into the Karadeniz Social Club, on Green lanes, at around 10.30pm.
No-one was hurt but a bullet hole was clearly visible in one of the windows of the club.
Rolly Masemde, 22, of Shelford Court, Warwick Grove, Upper Clapton, has been charged with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear at Thames Magistrates Court today (Wednesday).
Less than 24-hours later reports came in that shots had been fired in Batley Road at around 4.55pm on Monday.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
Officers arrived on the scene and stopped a car with three men in it and arrested them.
Enquiries led them to a nearby club where a further two men were arrested.
Three of the men, aged 27, 20 and 36, have been bailed pending further enquiries while Seyit Yilmaz, 39, of Homerton, and Halil Gumus, 36, of Hertfordshire, were both charged with affray and possession of an imitation firearm.
Yilmaz is also charged with possession of an offensive weapon and both are due in Thames Magistrates Court Today (Wednesday).
A day later and a further gunshot was reported during an aggravated burglary on a home in Evering Road.
The incident happened at around 2.40am on Tuesday February 8 and police and ambulance crews were called to the scene.
A 40-year-old man was taken to hospital with injuries to his foot.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.