Three women robbed at knifepoint in Lower Clapton
Three lone women were robbed at knifepoint by the same prolific thief last night (Thursday, January 12), and police are appealing for information and witnesses to help them catch the robber who targeted them.
The terrified women were forced to hand over their bags, which contained their bank cards and mobile phones, between 9.30pm and 10pm in Ashenden Road and adjoining Glyn Road, in Lower Clapton.
The suspect is described as a black youth, aged 16 or 17, who had facial stubble and was about 5ft 5in tall. He spoke with a London accent, and was wearing a dark blue hooded top with grey tracksuit bottoms.
Det Sgt Colin Hill, of Hackney’s Robbery Squad, said. “In light of these attacks, I have a number of officers investigating this case and the location of the attacks will be heavily policed.
“I would like to remind residents that when you are out try to stay in well-lit areas and if it is late at night try to stay in the company of another person.
You may also want to watch:
“Please ensure that where possible, all valuables are kept out of sight. We will do everything possible to detain this person.”
Anyone with information should contact Det Con Michelle Savage, of Hackney’s Robbery Squad, on 0207 275 3232 quoting crime reference number 4600937/12. Or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 7 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex
- 10 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney