Thugs stone young coots to death in Hackney park
Thugs have stoned a family of young coots to death in a Hackney park.
The coots had built a nest on the water at Millfields Park which was destroyed. Undaunted they built another and three babies had just hatched out.
But the babies together with one parent have been discovered stoned at the nest.
Keen cyclist Louise Hutchins had been watching the birds’ progress as she passed by on her way to work and was horrified to spot the corpses on the nest with a parent bird lying dead in the water.
She said: “I feel outraged. There’s quite a lot of stones in the nest Who could do such a thing?”
You may also want to watch:
Another park user has put up a home made ‘crime scene’ notice in disgust at what has happened at the park off Leabridge Road.
Ms Hutchins said: “It’s such a lovely park and well used with people walking with pushchairs and people doing yoga. It’s just on the edge of the Marshes and there’s lots of bird life there with cormorants and swans and also rare birds.” It’s important for Hackney to have this here.”
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction