Time to celebrate Stoke Newington with fun day
Shops in Stoke Newington get together for ‘I Love Stokey’ day
Shops and restaurants are joining together to celebrate Stoke Newington this Saturday (September 11) when they put on a ‘I Love Stokey’ fun day, including musical performances, face painting and children’s entertainers.
Street musicians will perform up and down the High Street and Church Street, with bands playing outside William Patten Primary School and The Jolly Butchers and The White Hart pubs.
Participating shops, including Affinity, a jewellery shop and Rosa Lingerie, both in Church Street and the Stoke Newington Bookshop in the High Street, will decorate their shop-fronts and many will offer discounts as part of the day set up by the Stoke Newington Business Association.
Rosanne Berry, owner of Rosa Lingerie and a co-organiser of the event, said: “The idea is to try and encourage people to stay local and shop local but also to explore the whole area.
You may also want to watch:
“The music acts and other entertainment will be moving around so hopefully people will move around with them.”
Events will start from 11am onwards. For information visit stokeybusiness.com.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
Let us know what you think of the fun day and send in your festival snaps by emailing email@example.com.