Time to celebrate Stoke Newington with fun day
Shops in Stoke Newington get together for ‘I Love Stokey’ day
Shops and restaurants are joining together to celebrate Stoke Newington this Saturday (September 11) when they put on a ‘I Love Stokey’ fun day, including musical performances, face painting and children’s entertainers.
Street musicians will perform up and down the High Street and Church Street, with bands playing outside William Patten Primary School and The Jolly Butchers and The White Hart pubs.
Participating shops, including Affinity, a jewellery shop and Rosa Lingerie, both in Church Street and the Stoke Newington Bookshop in the High Street, will decorate their shop-fronts and many will offer discounts as part of the day set up by the Stoke Newington Business Association.
Rosanne Berry, owner of Rosa Lingerie and a co-organiser of the event, said: “The idea is to try and encourage people to stay local and shop local but also to explore the whole area.
You may also want to watch:
“The music acts and other entertainment will be moving around so hopefully people will move around with them.”
Events will start from 11am onwards. For information visit stokeybusiness.com.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
Let us know what you think of the fun day and send in your festival snaps by emailing email@example.com.