Time to celebrate Stoke Newington with fun day
Shops in Stoke Newington get together for ‘I Love Stokey’ day
Shops and restaurants are joining together to celebrate Stoke Newington this Saturday (September 11) when they put on a ‘I Love Stokey’ fun day, including musical performances, face painting and children’s entertainers.
Street musicians will perform up and down the High Street and Church Street, with bands playing outside William Patten Primary School and The Jolly Butchers and The White Hart pubs.
Participating shops, including Affinity, a jewellery shop and Rosa Lingerie, both in Church Street and the Stoke Newington Bookshop in the High Street, will decorate their shop-fronts and many will offer discounts as part of the day set up by the Stoke Newington Business Association.
Rosanne Berry, owner of Rosa Lingerie and a co-organiser of the event, said: “The idea is to try and encourage people to stay local and shop local but also to explore the whole area.
“The music acts and other entertainment will be moving around so hopefully people will move around with them.”
Events will start from 11am onwards. For information visit stokeybusiness.com.
- 1 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 2 Two Jewish men hospitalised day before Holocaust Memorial Day
- 3 Wanted man may be in Hackney
- 4 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 5 'Major victory': Ridley Road Shopping Village's future secured
- 6 Afghan refugee family rehomed in Hackney
- 7 Hackney council home tenants to see rents increase
- 8 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 9 'Was she rank?': Met apologises for language used during Hackney strip search
- 10 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
Let us know what you think of the fun day and send in your festival snaps by emailing email@example.com.