Time to celebrate Stoke Newington with fun day
Shops in Stoke Newington get together for ‘I Love Stokey’ day
Shops and restaurants are joining together to celebrate Stoke Newington this Saturday (September 11) when they put on a ‘I Love Stokey’ fun day, including musical performances, face painting and children’s entertainers.
Street musicians will perform up and down the High Street and Church Street, with bands playing outside William Patten Primary School and The Jolly Butchers and The White Hart pubs.
Participating shops, including Affinity, a jewellery shop and Rosa Lingerie, both in Church Street and the Stoke Newington Bookshop in the High Street, will decorate their shop-fronts and many will offer discounts as part of the day set up by the Stoke Newington Business Association.
Rosanne Berry, owner of Rosa Lingerie and a co-organiser of the event, said: “The idea is to try and encourage people to stay local and shop local but also to explore the whole area.
“The music acts and other entertainment will be moving around so hopefully people will move around with them.”
Events will start from 11am onwards. For information visit stokeybusiness.com.
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 3 10 ace tunes for this year's All Points East
- 4 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 5 Hackney brain tumour patient mum raises money for hospice
- 6 London among areas where drought is declared
- 7 'The grim history of London's water supply'
- 8 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 9 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 10 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
Let us know what you think of the fun day and send in your festival snaps by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.