Alderweireld commits future to Tottenham by signing new contract until 2023
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Toby Alderweireld has signed a new contract with Spurs until the summer of 2023.
The 30-year-old joined the club from Atletico Madrid back in 2015 and has since gone on to make 179 appearances in all competitions.
His previous contract was due to expire at the end of this season but he has now committed his future to the club under new boss Jose Mourinho.
Speaking to the club, Alderweireld said: "I'm honoured to play for this club.
"I'm a small piece of getting to the next level in a couple of seasons, reaching the Champions League season in and season out and then reaching the final.
You may also want to watch:
"This is just the beginning of something big and something very exciting.
"I'm a Spurs player and I couldn't see myself playing for another team.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
"I'm in love with the club and it feels both ways, I love the fans and the stadium. I'm living some sort of dream."