Alderweireld commits future to Tottenham by signing new contract until 2023
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Toby Alderweireld has signed a new contract with Spurs until the summer of 2023.
The 30-year-old joined the club from Atletico Madrid back in 2015 and has since gone on to make 179 appearances in all competitions.
His previous contract was due to expire at the end of this season but he has now committed his future to the club under new boss Jose Mourinho.
Speaking to the club, Alderweireld said: "I'm honoured to play for this club.
"I'm a small piece of getting to the next level in a couple of seasons, reaching the Champions League season in and season out and then reaching the final.
You may also want to watch:
"This is just the beginning of something big and something very exciting.
"I'm a Spurs player and I couldn't see myself playing for another team.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
"I'm in love with the club and it feels both ways, I love the fans and the stadium. I'm living some sort of dream."