Charles Gardner Court: Toddler dies after falling from Hoxton tower block
- Credit: Picture: Google
An investigation is underway after a child fell to their death from a tower block in Hoxton yesterday.
Police were called at about 4.20pm to Haberdasher Street in Shoreditch to reports of a child who had fallen from a height from Charles Gardner Court, on the Haberdasher Estate.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and the toddler, who is thought to be aged two, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesperson for Scotland Yard said their next of kin are aware and are being supported by specialist officers.
Hackney Council, which owns the building, is offering free counselling to any residents who may have witnessed the fall.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said: “This is a truly devastating incident and our thoughts are with the family of the child.
“We are offering all the support we can to both the family and the neighbours, and we will of course work with the police to help their investigations and understand how this tragedy came about.”
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening