Charles Gardner Court: Toddler dies after falling from Hoxton tower block
- Credit: Picture: Google
An investigation is underway after a child fell to their death from a tower block in Hoxton yesterday.
Police were called at about 4.20pm to Haberdasher Street in Shoreditch to reports of a child who had fallen from a height from Charles Gardner Court, on the Haberdasher Estate.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and the toddler, who is thought to be aged two, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesperson for Scotland Yard said their next of kin are aware and are being supported by specialist officers.
Hackney Council, which owns the building, is offering free counselling to any residents who may have witnessed the fall.
A spokesperson said: “This is a truly devastating incident and our thoughts are with the family of the child.
“We are offering all the support we can to both the family and the neighbours, and we will of course work with the police to help their investigations and understand how this tragedy came about.”
- 1 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 2 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 3 'Catastrophic consequences': Hundreds of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 4 Haggerston celebrates the Chinese Lunar New Year
- 5 Covid patient numbers at Homerton Hospital with Plan B rules set to lift
- 6 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 7 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 8 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 9 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 10 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'