Charles Gardner Court: Toddler dies after falling from Hoxton tower block
- Credit: Picture: Google
An investigation is underway after a child fell to their death from a tower block in Hoxton yesterday.
Police were called at about 4.20pm to Haberdasher Street in Shoreditch to reports of a child who had fallen from a height from Charles Gardner Court, on the Haberdasher Estate.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and the toddler, who is thought to be aged two, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesperson for Scotland Yard said their next of kin are aware and are being supported by specialist officers.
Hackney Council, which owns the building, is offering free counselling to any residents who may have witnessed the fall.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said: “This is a truly devastating incident and our thoughts are with the family of the child.
“We are offering all the support we can to both the family and the neighbours, and we will of course work with the police to help their investigations and understand how this tragedy came about.”
- 1 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 2 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers