Charles Gardner Court: Toddler dies after falling from Hoxton tower block
- Credit: Picture: Google
An investigation is underway after a child fell to their death from a tower block in Hoxton yesterday.
Police were called at about 4.20pm to Haberdasher Street in Shoreditch to reports of a child who had fallen from a height from Charles Gardner Court, on the Haberdasher Estate.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and the toddler, who is thought to be aged two, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesperson for Scotland Yard said their next of kin are aware and are being supported by specialist officers.
Hackney Council, which owns the building, is offering free counselling to any residents who may have witnessed the fall.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said: “This is a truly devastating incident and our thoughts are with the family of the child.
“We are offering all the support we can to both the family and the neighbours, and we will of course work with the police to help their investigations and understand how this tragedy came about.”
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse