Top art award open to Hackney creatives
Time short to get proposals in.
TIME is running out for artists in Hackney to submit work for a top award.
Council chiefs are urging people to get their skates on an enter the CREATE Art Award.
The award is sponsored by Bank of America Merrill Lynch and was launched to recognise the UK’s most progressive and creative artists.
Proposals from artists must be participatory and can be permanent or temporary.
You may also want to watch:
The deadline for entries is January 14 and the winner will be awarded �40,000 to help make their art submissions become a reality.
Speaking on behalf of the Host Borough Cultural Partnership Board, Cllr Guy Nicholson, Hackney Council Cabinet Member for Regeneration and the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, said: “The CREATE Art Award recognises and promotes the great creative talent that is flourishing across the host Borough’s in east and south east London. This is a great opportunity for artists in our borough to submit their ideas into what is fast becoming the only award for the arts in the UK that truly recognises the powerful link between great expression and participation.”
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 5 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
Applications for the CREATE Art Award 2011 must be received by 5pm on January 14 and will only be accepted from artists who live within the five host boroughs.
For more details and an application form, contact: email@example.com or visit: www.createlondon.org