Top of the Bots: Hackney Council highest in London for AI investment
- Credit: Archant
Hackney Council is the leading the way on artificial intelligence (AI) in London, recent research shows.
The study by T-Impact published in April ranked councils against their investment in tech projects such as AI and automation, with Hackney Council leading London's local authorities.
Its head of digital and data Matthew Cain hailed the value of digital automation. He said: "Robotics plays an incredibly important role in our technology toolkit.
"We've been able to tell a really powerful story about what we've achieved with robotics process automation.
"We've shown how a person doing a task that takes four minutes and 57 seconds can be done by a robot in 27 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
"We're moving at the speed colleagues are able to, delivering meaningful business benefit in weeks, not years."
Matthew added robotics was particularly valuable to the council in a policy climate where risk-aversion often dictates the 700 services it delivers.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 "Horrific" extent of River Lea plastic pollution at Hackney Marshes
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
The research showed less than 5 per cent of local authorities were involved in automation projects with the majority holding no plans to embrace the technology in the future.