Tottenham 2015/16 Premier League fixtures: Spurs handed trip to Man United
Tottenham will travel to Old Trafford to face Manchester United on the opening weekend of the Premier League season after the 2015/16 fixtures were released this morning.
Spurs are scheduled to face Louis van Gaal’s side, who finished one place and six points ahead of them last season in the fourth spot, on Saturday August 8 – although the match is likely to be televised live and may be moved.
Tottenham are starting their league campaign with an away game for the fifth year in a row – a sequence that also started with a trip to Old Trafford at the beginning of the 2011/12 season, after their scheduled opener at home against Everton was postponed due to the London riots.
Harry Redknapp’s side lost 3-0 that day, and Mauricio Pochettino’s side were defeated by the same scoreline when they last visited United in March.
Spurs go on to host Stoke before visiting Leicester and then welcoming Everton at White Hart Lane in their first four games.
You may also want to watch:
Pochettino’s outfit are due to play three London derbies in November, taking on Arsenal in the first north London derby at the Emirates before entertaining West Ham and then taking on reigning champions Chelsea at the Lane.
Spurs are at home on Boxing Day, against newly-promoted Norwich, before making the relatively short trip to Watford two days later.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 3 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
April looks to be a testing month, with Tottenham travelling to Anfield to face Liverpool while also hosting Man United and visiting Chelsea. They then finish their campaign with a home game against Stoke and a final-day trip to Newcastle.
All fixtures are provisional and are subject to change.
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs