Tottenham 2016/17 Premier League fixtures: Spurs visit Ronald Koeman’s Everton on opening weekend
Tottenham will kick off their Premier League campaign on the road for the sixth year in a row after being handed a trip to Everton on the opening weekend of the 2016/17 season.
Spurs will be the first side to face the new-look Toffees, who appointed Ronald Koeman as their manager yesterday (Tuesday), and they will then host Crystal Palace and Liverpool before the end of August.
Tottenham are preparing for their last ever season at White Hart Lane – and their final two home games at the stadium are challenging to say the least, with Arsenal scheduled to visit on April 29 and Manchester United arriving in north London on the penultimate weekend. Mauricio Pochettino’s Lilywhites will finish their campaign away at newly-promoted Hull City.
There is a sense of déjà vu as Spurs survey their fixtures in November. They face three successive London derbies against Arsenal (at the Emirates), West Ham and Chelsea, having played the same teams in the same order in the same month last term.
That trip to Stamford Bridge is sure to have added spice after the ill-tempered 2-2 draw in May, which ended Spurs’ Premier League title bid and increased the rivalry between the clubs.
You may also want to watch:
The return fixture against Antonio Conte’s Chelsea at the Lane is due to take place on January 2, following a Boxing Day trip to Southampton and a short journey to Watford to New Year’s Eve.
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club