Tottenham Hotspur: BBC Price of Football survey findings revealed
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
An average fan would spend £1,219 supporting Tottenham Hotspur this season, according to the latest BBC Price of Football survey.
The results were released on Thursday night, with data collected from clubs in the top five divisions of English football.
By adding together the cost of a club’s cheapest season ticket, TV sport subscription and adult shirt, as well as a pie, cup of tea and programme for each game, the BBC calculated how much it would cost a fan to support their club.
The survey reveals Spurs fans could have spent their £1,219 elsewhere by buying 122 months of music streaming, 487 cappuccinos, 25 video games or 39 grams of gold.
The north Londoners’ lowest-priced season ticket of £645 is the fourth highest in the Premier League, with Huddersfield Town the best value at £100, while Arsenal have the most expensive at £891.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham were in a relegation battle when it came to the price per home goal category, with fans ‘spending’ £16.28 to see Spurs score in front of their own fans, the fifth worst rate in the league.
The price of a replica adult Spurs shirt reflected badly, with the cost at £60 higher than the league average by £9.10.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 8 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 9 Sadiq Khan: “Young People in Hackney remind me of myself 30 years ago”
- 10 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
The cost of a replica child Tottenham shirt of £48 is £7.75 higher than the league average.
Spurs fans are also out of pocket when it comes to the price of a cup of tea, which at £2.20 is 8p higher than the league average; a pie, which is 65p higher than the league average at £4.30; and a programme, which at £3.50 is 10p more expensive than the league average.
• The BBC surveyed all clubs from the top five men’s leagues in England, the top four Scottish leagues, the premier divisions in Northern Ireland and Wales, and the two Women’s Super Leagues. Ballinamallard, Coleraine, Crusaders, Dungannon, Linfield and Warrenpoint failed to respond.