Tottenham Hotspur complete Serge Aurier signing from Paris Saint-Germain
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Ivory Coast full-back determined to show everyone the ‘real Serge Aurier’ and make Spurs fans proud
Tottenham Hotspur have completed the signing of Paris Saint-Germain defender Serge Aurier in a deal understood to be worth £23 million.
The right-back has moved to Spurs after agreeing a five-year contract and will wear the number 24 shirt.
Mauricio Pochettino has been chasing the signature of the Ivory Coast international for a while since allowing Kyle Walker to join Manchester City in the summer.
And after selling Walker for around £50 million, Tottenham have managed to bring in a player of similar quality for less than half the price.
You may also want to watch:
It represents a fantastic piece of business by Spurs and chairman Daniel Levy, but is not likely to be their last on transfer deadline day with the window shutting at 11pm.
Aurier started his career at Lens before moving to Toulouse, and then sealed a big switch to PSG after a successful initial loan spell.
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
The defender has won two Ligue 1 titles at Parc des Princes in addition to three French Cups, three French League Cups and four French Super Cups.
He will now look to help Spurs claim success in the future and is relishing the prospect of lining up for Tottenham.
Aurier spoke to the official club website and said: “This is a huge and exciting opportunity at a massive football club and I am determined to prove myself as a professional both on and off the pitch.
“This is a fresh start for me and I will do everything to make the Spurs fanbase, which is huge and diverse, proud of me.
“The fans are the most important people at any club and I am looking forward to showing them and everyone at Spurs the real Serge Aurier.”