Tottenham Hotspur complete signing of winger Lucas Moura from Paris Saint-Germain
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The Brazil international has swapped Paris for London and signed a five-and-a-half year deal with Spurs
Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed the signing of winger Lucas Moura from Paris Saint-Germain for a fee understood to be in the region of £25 million.
The Brazilian was made surplus to requirements by PSG at the start of last week and it saw a late dash for his signature.
Borussia Dortmund, Real Betis, Sevilla, Manchester United and Arsenal were all understood to have registered an interest in the 25-year-old, but he has joined Spurs.
Moura has signed a five-and-a-half year deal with the north Londoners and will be eligible to feature in the Champions League for the club.
You may also want to watch:
He is likely to make his Tottenham debut this Sunday when Mauricio Pochettino’s team travel to take on top-four rivals Liverpool.
This is the second deal Spurs have completed with PSG in the space of six-months after signing Serge Aurier from the same club in August.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
Moura and Aurier had a good relationship at the Parc des Princes and they will look to renew that at Wembley.
The ex-Sao Paulo winger will need time to get up to speed, having only played six times this term and not started a competitive fixture since last season, but he will provide Spurs with much-needed pace in attack and an extra option out wide.