Tottenham Hotspur complete signing of winger Lucas Moura from Paris Saint-Germain
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The Brazil international has swapped Paris for London and signed a five-and-a-half year deal with Spurs
Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed the signing of winger Lucas Moura from Paris Saint-Germain for a fee understood to be in the region of £25 million.
The Brazilian was made surplus to requirements by PSG at the start of last week and it saw a late dash for his signature.
Borussia Dortmund, Real Betis, Sevilla, Manchester United and Arsenal were all understood to have registered an interest in the 25-year-old, but he has joined Spurs.
Moura has signed a five-and-a-half year deal with the north Londoners and will be eligible to feature in the Champions League for the club.
You may also want to watch:
He is likely to make his Tottenham debut this Sunday when Mauricio Pochettino’s team travel to take on top-four rivals Liverpool.
This is the second deal Spurs have completed with PSG in the space of six-months after signing Serge Aurier from the same club in August.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
Moura and Aurier had a good relationship at the Parc des Princes and they will look to renew that at Wembley.
The ex-Sao Paulo winger will need time to get up to speed, having only played six times this term and not started a competitive fixture since last season, but he will provide Spurs with much-needed pace in attack and an extra option out wide.