Tottenham Hotspur complete signing of winger Lucas Moura from Paris Saint-Germain
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The Brazil international has swapped Paris for London and signed a five-and-a-half year deal with Spurs
Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed the signing of winger Lucas Moura from Paris Saint-Germain for a fee understood to be in the region of £25 million.
The Brazilian was made surplus to requirements by PSG at the start of last week and it saw a late dash for his signature.
Borussia Dortmund, Real Betis, Sevilla, Manchester United and Arsenal were all understood to have registered an interest in the 25-year-old, but he has joined Spurs.
Moura has signed a five-and-a-half year deal with the north Londoners and will be eligible to feature in the Champions League for the club.
You may also want to watch:
He is likely to make his Tottenham debut this Sunday when Mauricio Pochettino’s team travel to take on top-four rivals Liverpool.
This is the second deal Spurs have completed with PSG in the space of six-months after signing Serge Aurier from the same club in August.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 8 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 9 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 10 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
Moura and Aurier had a good relationship at the Parc des Princes and they will look to renew that at Wembley.
The ex-Sao Paulo winger will need time to get up to speed, having only played six times this term and not started a competitive fixture since last season, but he will provide Spurs with much-needed pace in attack and an extra option out wide.