Tottenham Hotspur deny takeover talks
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Premier League club issue statement following media reports
Tottenham Hotspur have categorically denied reports they are in discussions relating to a takeover off for the Premier League side.
Spurs published a statement on Sunday evening addressing media reports, which said US firm Iconiq Capital was preparing an offer to buy the club.
A club statement read: “The club engaged Rothschild to secure the funding for the new stadium. As expected many proposals came forward including bank debt and equity investment.
“The club announced on 31 May 2017 the completion of the bank debt financing for the new stadium with a consortium of banks involving Bank of America Merrill Lynch International Limited, Goldman Sachs Bank USA and HSBC Bank.
You may also want to watch:
“The board believes this was the optimum solution in the interests of fans, employees and shareholders and for the continued development of the club. The board is not in any discussions relating to a takeover offer for the club.”
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school