Tottenham Hotspur deny takeover talks
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Premier League club issue statement following media reports
Tottenham Hotspur have categorically denied reports they are in discussions relating to a takeover off for the Premier League side.
Spurs published a statement on Sunday evening addressing media reports, which said US firm Iconiq Capital was preparing an offer to buy the club.
A club statement read: “The club engaged Rothschild to secure the funding for the new stadium. As expected many proposals came forward including bank debt and equity investment.
“The club announced on 31 May 2017 the completion of the bank debt financing for the new stadium with a consortium of banks involving Bank of America Merrill Lynch International Limited, Goldman Sachs Bank USA and HSBC Bank.
You may also want to watch:
“The board believes this was the optimum solution in the interests of fans, employees and shareholders and for the continued development of the club. The board is not in any discussions relating to a takeover offer for the club.”
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 7 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 8 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 9 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop