Tottenham Hotspur deny takeover talks
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Premier League club issue statement following media reports
Tottenham Hotspur have categorically denied reports they are in discussions relating to a takeover off for the Premier League side.
Spurs published a statement on Sunday evening addressing media reports, which said US firm Iconiq Capital was preparing an offer to buy the club.
A club statement read: “The club engaged Rothschild to secure the funding for the new stadium. As expected many proposals came forward including bank debt and equity investment.
“The club announced on 31 May 2017 the completion of the bank debt financing for the new stadium with a consortium of banks involving Bank of America Merrill Lynch International Limited, Goldman Sachs Bank USA and HSBC Bank.
You may also want to watch:
“The board believes this was the optimum solution in the interests of fans, employees and shareholders and for the continued development of the club. The board is not in any discussions relating to a takeover offer for the club.”
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 8 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 9 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 10 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside