Tottenham Hotspur deny takeover talks
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Premier League club issue statement following media reports
Tottenham Hotspur have categorically denied reports they are in discussions relating to a takeover off for the Premier League side.
Spurs published a statement on Sunday evening addressing media reports, which said US firm Iconiq Capital was preparing an offer to buy the club.
A club statement read: “The club engaged Rothschild to secure the funding for the new stadium. As expected many proposals came forward including bank debt and equity investment.
“The club announced on 31 May 2017 the completion of the bank debt financing for the new stadium with a consortium of banks involving Bank of America Merrill Lynch International Limited, Goldman Sachs Bank USA and HSBC Bank.
You may also want to watch:
“The board believes this was the optimum solution in the interests of fans, employees and shareholders and for the continued development of the club. The board is not in any discussions relating to a takeover offer for the club.”
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back