Spurs activate clause in Michel Vorm’s deal to keep him contracted at the club until the summer of 2019
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The second-choice goalkeeper made 11 appearances for Tottenham Hotspur last season with his last in the FA Cup semi-final defeat
Tottenham Hotspur have activated an option in Michel Vorm’s contract to extend his time at the club until June 30 2019.
Spurs’ back-up goalkeeper had been linked with a move away from the Lilywhites this summer with his current terms expiring this month.
But Tottenham will have the Dutchman contracted for another year which keeps them in a strong position.
If the club do still intend on letting Vorm leave, they will now be able to earn a fee or it could be Pochettino wants to keep the former Swansea City custodian as back-up to captain Hugo Lloris.
You may also want to watch:
Spurs’ second-choice goalkeeper made 11 appearances during the 2017/18 campaign and kept five clean sheets.
He impressed during the 3-1 FA Cup quarter-final success at his old club Swansea on March 17 with a notable double-save early in the second half.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 10 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
Many expected his appearance in the semi-final loss to Manchester United on April 21 to be his last outing for Tottenham, but this news now means it may not.
Although whether 34-year-old Vorm is still part of the Spurs first-team squad when the summer transfer window shuts in August, remains to be seen.