Spurs activate clause in Michel Vorm’s deal to keep him contracted at the club until the summer of 2019
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The second-choice goalkeeper made 11 appearances for Tottenham Hotspur last season with his last in the FA Cup semi-final defeat
Tottenham Hotspur have activated an option in Michel Vorm’s contract to extend his time at the club until June 30 2019.
Spurs’ back-up goalkeeper had been linked with a move away from the Lilywhites this summer with his current terms expiring this month.
But Tottenham will have the Dutchman contracted for another year which keeps them in a strong position.
If the club do still intend on letting Vorm leave, they will now be able to earn a fee or it could be Pochettino wants to keep the former Swansea City custodian as back-up to captain Hugo Lloris.
You may also want to watch:
Spurs’ second-choice goalkeeper made 11 appearances during the 2017/18 campaign and kept five clean sheets.
He impressed during the 3-1 FA Cup quarter-final success at his old club Swansea on March 17 with a notable double-save early in the second half.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 8 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 9 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
Many expected his appearance in the semi-final loss to Manchester United on April 21 to be his last outing for Tottenham, but this news now means it may not.
Although whether 34-year-old Vorm is still part of the Spurs first-team squad when the summer transfer window shuts in August, remains to be seen.