Spurs activate clause in Michel Vorm’s deal to keep him contracted at the club until the summer of 2019
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The second-choice goalkeeper made 11 appearances for Tottenham Hotspur last season with his last in the FA Cup semi-final defeat
Tottenham Hotspur have activated an option in Michel Vorm’s contract to extend his time at the club until June 30 2019.
Spurs’ back-up goalkeeper had been linked with a move away from the Lilywhites this summer with his current terms expiring this month.
But Tottenham will have the Dutchman contracted for another year which keeps them in a strong position.
If the club do still intend on letting Vorm leave, they will now be able to earn a fee or it could be Pochettino wants to keep the former Swansea City custodian as back-up to captain Hugo Lloris.
Spurs’ second-choice goalkeeper made 11 appearances during the 2017/18 campaign and kept five clean sheets.
He impressed during the 3-1 FA Cup quarter-final success at his old club Swansea on March 17 with a notable double-save early in the second half.
- 1 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 2 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 3 Demolition begins to make way for Hoxton homes
- 4 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 5 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 6 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 7 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 8 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 9 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 10 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
Many expected his appearance in the semi-final loss to Manchester United on April 21 to be his last outing for Tottenham, but this news now means it may not.
Although whether 34-year-old Vorm is still part of the Spurs first-team squad when the summer transfer window shuts in August, remains to be seen.