Spurs activate clause in Michel Vorm’s deal to keep him contracted at the club until the summer of 2019
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The second-choice goalkeeper made 11 appearances for Tottenham Hotspur last season with his last in the FA Cup semi-final defeat
Tottenham Hotspur have activated an option in Michel Vorm’s contract to extend his time at the club until June 30 2019.
Spurs’ back-up goalkeeper had been linked with a move away from the Lilywhites this summer with his current terms expiring this month.
But Tottenham will have the Dutchman contracted for another year which keeps them in a strong position.
If the club do still intend on letting Vorm leave, they will now be able to earn a fee or it could be Pochettino wants to keep the former Swansea City custodian as back-up to captain Hugo Lloris.
You may also want to watch:
Spurs’ second-choice goalkeeper made 11 appearances during the 2017/18 campaign and kept five clean sheets.
He impressed during the 3-1 FA Cup quarter-final success at his old club Swansea on March 17 with a notable double-save early in the second half.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
Many expected his appearance in the semi-final loss to Manchester United on April 21 to be his last outing for Tottenham, but this news now means it may not.
Although whether 34-year-old Vorm is still part of the Spurs first-team squad when the summer transfer window shuts in August, remains to be seen.