Tottenham Hotspur eye win over old boy Kyle Walker and Manchester City after A.S Roma defeat
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Pre-season friendly: A.S. Roma 3 Tottenham Hotspur 2
Tottenham Hotspur are set to take on Kyle Walker and Manchester City on Saturday, as they conclude their America trip.
Mauricio Pochettino’s men suffered a 3-2 defeat to A.S. Roma on Tuesday night with a thrilling finale seeing three goals scored late on.
The Italians took the lead from the penalty-spot after Cameron Carter-Vickers was adjudged to have handled inside the area.
Diego Perotti stepped up and made no mistake to put Roma ahead, but Spurs went close to equalising before the break.
You may also want to watch:
Mousa Dembele struck the crossbar with an effort, while Harry Kane had a shot saved, as it stayed 1-0 at the break.
Tottenham continued to push after the interval, though were sucker-punched when Cengiz Under finished off a fine move.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 3 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 4 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 5 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 6 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 7 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 8 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
Pochettino’s side fought back impressively, however, with Harry Winks pulling one back in the 87th minute before Vincent Janssen impressively equalised four minutes later.
But Roma hit a shock winner deep into stoppage time thanks a Marco Tumminello effort.