Tottenham Hotspur eye win over old boy Kyle Walker and Manchester City after A.S Roma defeat
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Pre-season friendly: A.S. Roma 3 Tottenham Hotspur 2
Tottenham Hotspur are set to take on Kyle Walker and Manchester City on Saturday, as they conclude their America trip.
Mauricio Pochettino’s men suffered a 3-2 defeat to A.S. Roma on Tuesday night with a thrilling finale seeing three goals scored late on.
The Italians took the lead from the penalty-spot after Cameron Carter-Vickers was adjudged to have handled inside the area.
Diego Perotti stepped up and made no mistake to put Roma ahead, but Spurs went close to equalising before the break.
You may also want to watch:
Mousa Dembele struck the crossbar with an effort, while Harry Kane had a shot saved, as it stayed 1-0 at the break.
Tottenham continued to push after the interval, though were sucker-punched when Cengiz Under finished off a fine move.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 5 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
Pochettino’s side fought back impressively, however, with Harry Winks pulling one back in the 87th minute before Vincent Janssen impressively equalised four minutes later.
But Roma hit a shock winner deep into stoppage time thanks a Marco Tumminello effort.