Tottenham Hotspur eye win over old boy Kyle Walker and Manchester City after A.S Roma defeat
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Pre-season friendly: A.S. Roma 3 Tottenham Hotspur 2
Tottenham Hotspur are set to take on Kyle Walker and Manchester City on Saturday, as they conclude their America trip.
Mauricio Pochettino’s men suffered a 3-2 defeat to A.S. Roma on Tuesday night with a thrilling finale seeing three goals scored late on.
The Italians took the lead from the penalty-spot after Cameron Carter-Vickers was adjudged to have handled inside the area.
Diego Perotti stepped up and made no mistake to put Roma ahead, but Spurs went close to equalising before the break.
You may also want to watch:
Mousa Dembele struck the crossbar with an effort, while Harry Kane had a shot saved, as it stayed 1-0 at the break.
Tottenham continued to push after the interval, though were sucker-punched when Cengiz Under finished off a fine move.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
Pochettino’s side fought back impressively, however, with Harry Winks pulling one back in the 87th minute before Vincent Janssen impressively equalised four minutes later.
But Roma hit a shock winner deep into stoppage time thanks a Marco Tumminello effort.