Tottenham Hotspur eye win over old boy Kyle Walker and Manchester City after A.S Roma defeat
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Pre-season friendly: A.S. Roma 3 Tottenham Hotspur 2
Tottenham Hotspur are set to take on Kyle Walker and Manchester City on Saturday, as they conclude their America trip.
Mauricio Pochettino’s men suffered a 3-2 defeat to A.S. Roma on Tuesday night with a thrilling finale seeing three goals scored late on.
The Italians took the lead from the penalty-spot after Cameron Carter-Vickers was adjudged to have handled inside the area.
Diego Perotti stepped up and made no mistake to put Roma ahead, but Spurs went close to equalising before the break.
Mousa Dembele struck the crossbar with an effort, while Harry Kane had a shot saved, as it stayed 1-0 at the break.
Tottenham continued to push after the interval, though were sucker-punched when Cengiz Under finished off a fine move.
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 10 ace tunes for this year's All Points East
- 3 Hackney brain tumour patient mum raises money for hospice
- 4 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 5 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 6 Police appeal for witnesses after Finsbury Park stabbing
- 7 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 8 Jailed: Man who used car as a 'weapon' to evade arrest
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 'The grim history of London's water supply'
Pochettino’s side fought back impressively, however, with Harry Winks pulling one back in the 87th minute before Vincent Janssen impressively equalised four minutes later.
But Roma hit a shock winner deep into stoppage time thanks a Marco Tumminello effort.